JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks for the info ! I saw the Butler Creek and it looks real stout and easy to use, but what I want to do is load 10-20rds at a time. Any thoughts/comments on the Cammenga Easyloader ? Are there any others like this ?

The only loader that is better then the Lula is the Uplula. I use to refill strippers while sitting in front of the TV but the Lula is so easy I dont even bother anymore. I use these 2 99% of the time.

In the amount of time it takes you to fill the Easyloader with ammo you could have had your mag filled with the Lula so I dont see the point. The Lula is also cheeper and more compact......

The only other 2 tools I like but hardly use are the loaders from Beta mag. One is handy for use with strippers, the other you drop 5 loose round in then push them home, The Beta Company | BETA MAG C-MAG | 100 Round Maga C-Mag Product Details

The first time I used a Lula I felt like a monkey playing with a rubber band. The design is so simple and it works so well. Amazing actually. I rarely fire off more than 100 shots at the rifle range but that thing makes me want to load up 1000 magazines :). Same with the pistol ones also, although the rocking back and forth design of the rifles ones seem more impressive vs just something that pushes down a round.

I have a Cammenga Easyloader that was included with an AR that I purchased several years ago. The Cammenga Easyloader sits empty in a drawer, I personally don't like it at all.

Regular LULA has less steps, less moving parts and I think it's faster...granted this vid is on the slow side for loading.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to handle each round to load it into the loader, why not just put each loose round right into the mag?

When you have a stack of mags, your thumb already hurts from excessive twiddling, or you're in a hurry, you'll understand.
I have a couple of the Butler Creek LULA loaders. You can load with or without strippers. They load up pretty quickly with loose rounds as well. Consider the cost of your time, given all you've probably spent on toys, this one is money well spent. I can use the guide, but my thumbs are soft and squishy from squeezing body parts (just kidding) and you won't tear open any fingers or thumbs.

When you have a stack of mags, your thumb already hurts from excessive twiddling, or you're in a hurry, you'll understand.

I have not used the bench loader. Seriously how is it faster? How long does it take to load the loader, put the mag in and ram it home vs LULA the mag? I am not sure why your thumbs hurt using the LULA, I use the side of my thumb and forefinger to toggle.

I have a couple of the Butler Creek LULA loaders. You can load with or without strippers. They load up pretty quickly with loose rounds as well.
I did not know you could load from a stripper with a LULA, how do you do that.

Consider the cost of your time, given all you've probably spent on toys, this one is money well spent. I can use the guide, but my thumbs are soft and squishy from squeezing body parts (just kidding) and you won't tear open any fingers or thumbs.

Couldn't agree more. But if you are doing much loading with strippers and no tool you load them on the edge of something like a bench and push the mag. Cant tell you how many mags I did like that in basic with no thumb issues.....

I have not used the bench loader. Seriously how is it faster? How long does it take to load the loader, put the mag in and ram it home vs LULA the mag? I am not sure why your thumbs hurt using the LULA, I use the side of my thumb and forefinger to toggle.

I did not know you could load from a stripper with a LULA, how do you do that.

Couldn't agree more. But if you are doing much loading with strippers and no tool you load them on the edge of something like a bench and push the mag. Cant tell you how many mags I did like that in basic with no thumb issues.....

For my response, I better check my terms...
First off, I was feeling a bit silly. I don't have the bench loader. I don't go through that many magazines.

Post 11 shows a video of a fellow loading the loader with loose ammo and then loading them into the mag. For storage purposes, I like to keep my ammo on stripper clips when my mags are full. The stripper clips slide right in the loader, and when empty, a flip of the wrist sends the stripper clip somewhere else and the pusher thing back to the top. Got a few guides, but the loader is easier to use. You mileage may vary.
As to using the edge of some bench to shove the rounds in, BTDT, but now that I'm married, SWMBO rarely approves of any solid corner being used for that purpose. I don't recall if I've ever torn up any appendages on the guide, but in my old age (crossing over right now...) I don't care for leaks that I can't identify where I got 'em, and my brain tells me that one's not far away using the guide.
If I had piles of mags, racks of ammo, piles of money, gobs of time, and all those things my wife wishes I had more than I do, I might have a bench loader, but it's not the kind of thing I think I'll ever be interested in. Something about bling... :)

Aaaahhh product issues.

Post 11 is a StripLULA. It is meant for loading loose or strips.
Post 12 is a LULA for loading/unloading loose.

It appears the guy in Post 12 is much quicker.....

For loading strips I really like the Beta C loader I posted above but have not tired the StripLULA.

Gotta remember too....how much time is it going to take to put all the loose ammo on the strippers? Dump loose ammo into .50 cal ammo can, throw LULA on top, load mags before shooting...

ETA: I may be wrong, but I would think the stripper fed ones would be hard on the feed lips while the single load LULA wouldn't come into play.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top