JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Organized Resistance"? You're joking, right? Pretty much it's Oregon Outdoor Council on your side of the river and Sporting Systems--ONE SHOP--on mine. :(
Woah, Cowboy! You west-siders always forget us east-siders. We've got Sharp Shooting Indoor Range over here (a party along with Sporting Systems to the lawsuit against 1639).

There, I just doubled the number of organizations supporting the 2A.

Woah, Cowboy! You west-siders always forget us east-siders. We've got Sharp Shooting Indoor Range over here (a party along with Sporting Systems to the lawsuit against 1639).

There, I just doubled the number of organizations supporting the 2A.
Thanks, I'll be the first to admit my knowledge is limited to the Moss-Between-The-Ears Side. Apologies for slighting the Dry Side community with the omission...

I've been thinking about all this. It would take a lot of $ to fight SB501 and other garbage in court. If I had a law degree and a BAR card I would do it pro bono, but I'm just a normal guy. I don't want to take donations because that money should be going to foundations that actually have lawyers on retainer. I'm a lifetime NRA member and they ask me for more money now than when I was an annual member. Someone big has to fight this.

Thanks, I'll be the first to admit my knowledge is limited to the Moss-Between-The-Ears Side. Apologies for slighting the Dry Side community with the omission...
Don't sweat it.
It doesn't bother us. We're used to it.

Id be happy to help in any movement in a consultant status, been there done this, let the younger guys take this on. And really the younger the leader the better.

I sent a letter to Bonamici just now. Will send out letters to the other two today, next week and so on until I get some sort of response. I urge everyone else here to do the same. You are already on the computer. It's almost as easy an mailing in a ballot and not having to stand in line like they do in other states.

Remind them that they took an oath to represent all Oregonians and not just the ones that agree with them. Hopefully the pro-rights snatchers are bathing in their smugness and are backing off. Politicians love attention and even if you don't agree with them, they are the current gate keepers. We do note have a choice. Like it or not.

Last letter I got back as a response from Bonamici was just laden with anti gun rhetoric and crap about weapons of war.

She cares not, you would think at least her canned response would include one for the pro gun side that doesn't make our blood boil.

She doesn't represent us, and she doesn't care at all.

Taxation without representation is alive and well in 2019

Last letter I got back as a response from Bonamici was just laden with anti gun rhetoric and crap about weapons of war.

She cares not, you would think at least her canned response would include one for the pro gun side that doesn't make our blood boil.

She doesn't represent us, and she doesn't care at all.

Taxation without representation is alive and well in 2019

I believe you are represented by Betsy Johnson. That is a big step up. I know there are no perfect politicians but from what I've seen as a democrat she puts many republicans to shame.

Thank you all for the very good feedback, in particular response #6 from BSG 75. I will continue to think about, and look for ways to help do my part to fight this vile attack on one of our most fundamental rights.

By the way. Saw this when I was looking at the awful "news article" about SB501: Citizens' voices can have a big impact in Capitol.

Seems very relevant to the current thread. In particular:

Beware of emails from advocacy groups asking you to click a link to send a form letter to legislators. It may be convenient but doing that can result in thousands of identical messages that pile up in lawmakers' inboxes. "Most of those aren't read," said former state Sen. Alan DeBoer, a Republican from Ashland who didn't seek another term last year.

That's what I thought. Nothing more convincing than being spammed by a group of people who are too lazy to even write their own letter.

Edit: OFF is sort of doing this here.

Last Edited:
By the way. Saw this when I was looking at the awful "news article" about SB501: Citizens' voices can have a big impact in Capitol.

Seems very relevant to the current thread. In particular:

Beware of emails from advocacy groups asking you to click a link to send a form letter to legislators. It may be convenient but doing that can result in thousands of identical messages that pile up in lawmakers' inboxes. "Most of those aren't read," said former state Sen. Alan DeBoer, a Republican from Ashland who didn't seek another term last year.

That's what I thought. Nothing more convincing than being spammed by a group of people who are too lazy to even write their own letter.
I completely agree with this. The more personalized the better and raise some issues, praise, etc that are more exclusive to legislator you are contacting. Try to keep them short and to the point.

So I felt I should comment on a leader.

From some book I read a leader should be someone the community looks up to as a moral leader. The left has this with preists etc. The community looks up to someone like this and they get credibility points.

Too bad we don't have our MLK yet, who had guns to protect his butt anyway.

Also a personality of architect and high IQ would be nice. And extrovert sales experience even.

Ok now I feel like I'm just putting out an ad.

How about a Confederacy of prominent individuals in the community.

Anyway, that's my two cents. I have the high IQ but none of the other traits, I'll go back to my closet now and hiss at strangers.

So I felt I should comment on a leader.

From some book I read a leader should be someone the community looks up to as a moral leader. The left has this with preists etc. The community looks up to someone like this and they get credibility points.

Too bad we don't have our MLK yet, who had guns to protect his butt anyway.

Also a personality of architect and high IQ would be nice. And extrovert sales experience even.

Ok now I feel like I'm just putting out an ad.

How about a Confederacy of prominent individuals in the community.

Anyway, that's my two cents. I have the high IQ but none of the other traits, I'll go back to my closet now and hiss at strangers.
If we look at how the antis have succeeded, it really wasn't relying on one or even a few leaders (unless you think Hogg or Bloomberg deserves the credit). Their success can be traced to a large acceptance of their cause and a large and disverse group of people who support it. Look at the diverse and sizeable crowds they gather compared to the pro-gun rally crowds. Is there an equally large and diverse group of pro-gun supporters out there that just couldn't make it to the rallys, I doubt it. While I believe our cause is more just, it isn't as widely appreciated in this State. We will never have the media on our side and it is unlikely any billionaires will come to our rescue. We have to take advantage of force multiplier techniques to leverage the support we have. The anti-gun train left the station long ago and all we can do is try to slow it down.

If we look at how the antis have succeeded, it really wasn't relying on one or even a few leaders (unless you think Hogg or Bloomberg deserves the credit). Their success can be traced to a large acceptance of their cause and a large and disverse group of people who support it. Look at the diverse and sizeable crowds they gather compared to the pro-gun rally crowds. Is there an equally large and diverse group of pro-gun supporters out there that just couldn't make it to the rallys, I doubt it. While I believe our cause is more just, it isn't as widely appreciated in this State. We will never have the media on our side and it is unlikely any billionaires will come to our rescue. We have to take advantage of force multiplier techniques to leverage the support we have. The anti-gun train left the station long ago and all we can do is try to slow it down.

Can you imagine the crowds if someone like Alton Brown lead a pro gun march....I think that would bring diversity, acceptance, and media attention. He would never do it though because food Network would probably fire him. If they haven't already? I haven't seen him much lately, he's one of the few guys my wife watches I like.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top