JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you guys need someone who has the time to do this, I'm absolutely available to do so. I can start a grass root revolution in Oregon with all the social media campaign to go along with it. I'm a former Marine, former Cop in DC, former Homeland Security training operations, worked for the Fed Govt since August 1995. I run policy and planning for the VA HQ now from home. My bosses are in DC. I would like to take a "Shot" at being John of Arc.
Back of the napkin plan? How would you reach out to unfriendly media and get them to publish truths about this current crop of anti-gun legislation?

My question is how is any of this legal? The AWB as a ballot initiative failed last year by a bipartisan majority and none of these proposals were even mentioned in the campaign, yet 11 days after they take office and are dawned the crown they drop a rediculose bomb on everyone. These proposals should be voted on, one by one by the people of this state.
Same way similar legislation is "legal" in CA, MA, NY, etc. Why, because not enough judges had the testicles to rule it unconstitutional.

My question is how is any of this legal? The AWB as a ballot initiative failed last year by a bipartisan majority

IP 43 didn't fail by a bipartisan majority. It didn't make it to the ballot because the Oregon Supreme Court rejected the Attorney General's ballot title and description, and its backers ran out of time to gather signatures to put it on the ballot https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st.../court-delay-blocks-second-oregon-gun-measure

If it had made it onto the 2018 ballot it would have passed, based on how Oregon voters voted in 2018. The backers of IP 43 have vowed to put it on the 2020 ballot if the Oregon Legislature doesn't pass a ban on "assault weapons" and "large capacity" magazines this year.

I've been in this long enough to remember Ginny Burdick trying to ban all semi autos. From what I heard she got so much nasty mail and phone calls they dumped that idea.

It has gotten much worse and when Democrats won the majority I was concerned that would come back. This year is worse then others and it's gone from a majority to a supermajority.

This doesn't mean all is lost in my opinion but it could. I was surprised it didn't come sooner honestly but I think it was a vocal group of grass roots contacting and complaining like us.

I almost feel like SB501 is to shock people like us before they pass more lenient gun control so we don't complain as much.

Maybe that is wishful thinking, I hope not I really do love this state despite the current political climate. And it bugs me because even if that is likely the case most will probably look at something like banning guns to the under 21 crowd as not so bad after reading the likes of SB501.

And in my opinion if you are old enough to create a life or fight and die for this country you are old enough to defend a life.

Buy everything you can afford. Not snowflake crap either, buy AR15s, glock 9mms, and ruger 10/22, with spares or extra lowers, + 10-100 magazines for all of them. Buy buy buy. 1000 rds of anything centerfire, and 10,000 rds of rimfire.

If you guys need someone who has the time to do this, I'm absolutely available to do so. I can start a grass root revolution in Oregon with all the social media campaign to go along with it. I'm a former Marine, former Cop in DC, former Homeland Security training operations, worked for the Fed Govt since August 1995. I run policy and planning for the VA HQ now from home. My bosses are in DC. I would like to take a "Shot" at being John of Arc.

Having worked in Oregon as a successful lobbyist, be aware that it will require a group that yields power and influence.
This is what the opposition has an abundance of. The NRA and OFF at this point are in rinse repeat mode, and OFF doesn't play well with others in the same area of business. You will find in doing this, the huge diversity from those who own firearms.

And lastly, and I hope you take this to heart brother. Hate and violence from the opposition, do not underestimate how many they are, and how they have no problem going after you or your family. These guys will use any means, and lies to find out anything they can on you. And use it to harass your way of life.
I read your qualifications and why you can defend yourself. You can't protect everyone. So if you choose to do this, make sure you take this on from all sides. Even the side you will end up trusting. There is a good side, and there is an equal dark side most do not know or understand. Sadly I do. Best of luck if you do this, getting a name and website are probably a first. As many wont trust FB, twitter etc, so how does one get the word out.... it a huge undertaking.. !

Oregonian gun owners sit and bubblegum about democrats coming from Calif to take their guns or infringe on their rights............ and let them

suggest an offensive tactic and Oregonian gun owners are worried someone might get offended or angry with them so they sit and bubblegum again until the law comes into pass

A few Oregonian gun owners will send the NRA money and the NRA will send you a post card telling you to defend yourselves

Oregonian gun owner rallies are an embarrassment, you get a few that want to be seen wearing an AR15 on tv or the newspaper

apathetic democrat Oregonian gun owners keep thinking they can out vote gun laws but still vote demrats .......what a weak excuse...now you will settle with what ever laws they can pass, some will scream molon labe

SOLUTION....you live in the wrong place .....Oregon hippies from the 70's have always made this place attractive to the LIBERAL PROGRESSIVES

The lack of testicular fortitude in Oregon has caused me to relocate to a place where liberal progressives arent so popular because you cant help those that wont help themselves

save yourself you cant trust your neighbor he will vote away your rights in Oregon

Advice from the 2016 events/efforts in CA vs. the efforts I've been a part of in Idaho:

As other's have said: don't use Facebook. Yes a lot of people are on it, but many are not (and will never be) and it should not be the 'only way to get updates' for your rally. It can be 'an avenue', but not the only one. This continues to happen, and I don't understand why.

Don't expect help from larger orgs. They often conflict in goals/approaches and do not play well together. Plenty of time in 2016 was wasted on "Why doesn't XYZ org chip in money to help us?" There were several 'shout-outs' from places like Midway USA and SGAmmo, which was appreciated, but it was too late to really do much. Even if you had all that funding help, you won't outspend the anti-gun people. You can't. It is simply not possible.

This is a game of numbers, and we are always going to be behind the 8-ball on that. It has to come from sheer numbers of participants showing up at the rallies, petition signatures or whatever it happens to be. You have to have well-spoken advocates speaking at the rallies and/or to the media if/when that happens. The words will get butchered, and the camera crews will pick your most obvious stereotype in the crowd to talk to, waiting for them to mutter some rambled, unprepared rant, furthering their agenda to paint everyone as ignorant hicks. So have your ducks in a row and rebuttals ready.

At the several Idaho rallies I've been to, the ISAA one in Sept was better organized with email + FB vs. merely FB. They had GOA's Erich Pratt, Ammon Bundy and Alexandria Kincaid (lawyer, AK Show) there. They had pink shirts for the women. They had a well-spoken student (forget his name) speaker as well. There were some from OR, WA and AZ as well, as I heard it.

By contrast, the supposed 'national' one at every capitol, a month after 'March for our Lives' last April, was poorly organized and had little turnout (the dreaded 'hundreds' vs. 'thousands' syndrome others have mentioned above). It was FB only, as I recall, with a website with out-of-date info. At least in Boise, it ended up being a small group of well-intentioned 3%'ers mostly and random walk-ups like myself who had heard about it. Russ Fulcher (now US rep) and a couple others did show up though and spoke, and that was a positive, but pretty disappointing on the whole that we didn't have more of a showing in Idaho.

In my view, for visibility just 'standing out at the capitol steps' does not do as much as a walk *to* the capitol building. The April one was us just meeting there. The ISAA one had us meeting about a mile away at a park, where we heard several speak from a pickup truckbed and loudspeaker. Then we walked in unison, with most people open-carrying, rifles slung. Then, at the capitol, we had the guest speakers mentioned above, so it seemed better planned.

The anti-gunners are great at organizing. They have better funding. They twist "March for Our Lives" into really a march for Planned Parenthood, trying to capitalize on the youth image, but with angry middle-aged women doing most of the funding, the yelling and staging of what these kids should do/say.

First thing to do is figure out who your representative and your senator are with this Legislator Lookup

I sent a letter to Bonamici just now. Will send out letters to the other two today, next week and so on until I get some sort of response. I urge everyone else here to do the same. You are already on the computer. It's almost as easy an mailing in a ballot and not having to stand in line like they do in other states.

Remind them that they took an oath to represent all Oregonians and not just the ones that agree with them. Hopefully the pro-rights snatchers are bathing in their smugness and are backing off. Politicians love attention and even if you don't agree with them, they are the current gate keepers. We do note have a choice. Like it or not.

If we choose a leader, we have to make sure he/she does not have any dirt to dig up in their past., as we have all seen the effects that brings, thru bias media.
Maybe its about time we took a page out of the play book of the anti's. and start digging up dirt thru funding of private investigator,on our state government anti-gun leaders, get it published thru all media sources. Fight dirty, that seems to be the new norm.

I sent a letter to Bonamici just now.

Bonamici is in the US Congress so she won't be voting on the bills in the Oregon Legislature, but there are gun control bills being introduced in the US House of Representatives this year so it is good to let her know your opposition to those.

For Oregon bills you need to contact your state representative and state senator.

Hasn't stopped Kamela Harris from running for president or the last few Portland mayors. We don't need perfect candidates. Just one that can stand the heat and not buckle at the slightest chance of rain.

Also, find someone with a little life and fire. It's going to be an hill battle.

I sent a letter to Bonamici just now. Will send out letters to the other two today, next week and so on until I get some sort of response. I urge everyone else here to do the same. You are already on the computer. It's almost as easy an mailing in a ballot and not having to stand in line like they do in other states.

Remind them that they took an oath to represent all Oregonians and not just the ones that agree with them. Hopefully the pro-rights snatchers are bathing in their smugness and are backing off. Politicians love attention and even if you don't agree with them, they are the current gate keepers. We do note have a choice. Like it or not.
I wish more of these antis had tighter elections.
Bonamici is in the US Congress so she won't be voting on the bills in the Oregon Legislature, but there are gun control bills being introduced in the US House of Representatives this year so it is good to let her know your opposition to those.

For Oregon bills you need to contact your state representative and state senator.
Also consider contacting all 12 of the State Republican Senators and let them know you will support them if they feel it's necessary to deny the super maj a quorum. It would be warranted imho, if they try to move SB 501 to floor for vote.

That is true. There was a link to all three District 1 reps. She was the 1st on the list and has a local office, of course. They will keep doing what they are doing unless they hear differently. Regardless of your party affiliation contact them and let them know how you feel.

You do sound like the man for the job. I hope your seriously committed as like someone else stated "it's gonna get ugly"!!

If we choose a leader, we have to make sure he/she does not have any dirt to dig up in their past., as we have all seen the effects that brings, thru bias media.
Maybe its about time we took a page out of the play book of the anti's. and start digging up dirt thru funding of private investigator,on our state government anti-gun leaders, get it published thru all media sources. Fight dirty, that seems to be the new norm.
I don't have any skeletons or dirt. I have a Top Secret Security clearance which I have maintained well since 1995. I have only ever gotten 1 speeding ticket in my life (1996). Both my sons are currently serving in the Army. My dad is retired Army. Mom was a teller at a bank. Brother served in Army in Iraq. My oldest son actually found the most recent North Korean missile site in the middle of the night when he was bored. Just hit the news recently.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top