JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Alright folks,

I've got a situation in which I need to consult the hive mind.

I'm moving from a house with a garage to an apartment that's not on the ground floor and there is no elevator to the apartment. In my garage, I have a large gun safe and cabinet for ammunition (a lot of it). I know that the safe will not be able to go up to the unit (narrow stairs with turns) and while I could sneak the safe into my storage unit, I don't want to as it's been broken into before (and it's not allowed).

What is one to do for storing firearms securely in the Portland area if they can't be stored on-site? Is there a place that will store guns & ammo for a monthly fee? One that is not your garage?

Interested in hearing from you all.

close friend or family member, who would store it for you?
I don't have anyone locally that I'd feel comfortable with storing my collection. As for family, it may come to that, but I honestly would rather not. I am the only person in my entire extended family that owns a gun and is of the belief that we should be able to own one. So, that would be tricky to navigate.

There isnt a practical solution for you and the options might depend on the new living situation.... roommates, bad or nice neighborhood, girlfriend, alone, ....but if it came down to it just get 2 or 3 cheap gun cabinets if need be. If your living alone then lock up the best ones then stack the rest under your bed.

Pelican/ Hardigg case(s) as large as you can find. Preferably on the used market to keep it cheap. Most are lockable with padlocks. Cable locked together if multiple cases are used.
Messy , but cheap and secure.
I own a Pelican 1780 and I use it for all types of stuff.

Wondered about this once before when on vacation and found some shooting ranges and pawn shops store firearms. I don't know the specific terms and legalities (transfers etc) of it, but if you don't use your long guns regularly, this might be a solution.

Tigard Pawn claims to store your firearms for a $100 loan and as an FFL, I assume it's on the up and up.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top