JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking to pick up some military ammo cans with 5.56 lettering on the side? Shipping is really expensive for online retailers. Does anyone know where you can buy some surplus cans locally around Corvallis, Albany, Salem?

If you want cheap and willing to rattle can stenciling yourself.... a little patience pays off. Ammo can sales aren't all that uncommon and seem to come at fairly regular intervals.

IE: Basspro is that last one I took advantage of back around Christmas. $10/ea for new 50cal import cans (no markings/logos) and free shipping.

I seem to recall there where a couple 2 or 3 other similar sales since then posted in the "great deals" section, but didn't need any more and didn't pay close attention to who was offering them, but pretty sure Bi-Mart was somewhere in there.

If you're not in a hurry, wait until someone like MidwayUSA runs a free shipping promo. As far as makings, get a stencil and roll/paint what you want.
Just took a look, Midway has a free ship deal ATM.

Free Shipping on Orders Over $75

To qualify, add $74.99 of in-stock, qualifying products to your cart.

Grade 2 50 cal cans are $14.99, and qualify for the deal.

Try your local ACE Hardware (or Parkrose Hardware) store for surplus ammo cans.

Costco and Bi-Mart also has new cans.

Aloha, Mark

PS.......IF you're coming up to the Portland area try this surplus store.

And more.....

IMHO.....Andy and Bax, Alley Cat (aka: Sgt Gators), and Aloha Surplus are worth the look around/shopping adventure. If, you have the time to burn.

Last Edited:
Parkrose Hardware gets these in often but that is not close to you.

I was in search of some fat-50's a while ago and found some at Sportsmans Guide. The pics on their site don't show markings, but mine were all marked, 3 different sizes in all.

I believe the free shipping mark is at $50.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews