JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm new to PDX, live in inner SE (34th & Division), and I'm looking for a place to shoot...I'm a competitive target shooter (.22, 50 foot range preferred but not required).

I tried to get in touch with the Portland Rifle & Pistol Club on Hassalo in NE but they don't respond - are they out of business?

There is Johnson Creek, Clackamas Public Safety, and The Place to Shoot.
Any feelings on which to join and why? Or other options?

Thanks!

IIRC, the PRPC is sort of a residential local. never shot there, but its close inner NE.

JC is private and dont allow anything with "magnum". its a nice range but unsupervised. i cant remember the range distance, but like PRPC is in a residential neighborhood and has limited hours.

CPS havent been there

TPTS is an indoor range in delta park. they require you to buy thier ammo.

you can look at Douglas RIdge too. its out in clackamas, but from what i hear its a nice range and if you decide to shoot LR or "magnum" you can.

Thanks for your info!

PRPC is supposedly open 24/7 (for .22, which is what I shoot), but I haven't gotten any response to my messages on their answering machine....they may be dead)

I'll check out Douglas ridge, along with the others. TPTS seems pretty expensive. JC seems like the best deal, I'll go see....

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Thanks,
Steve

I have been a member of Johnson Creek for 2 years now and
love it.
Can shoot from 8am to 10pm most days
Like the previous post stated no magnums or rifle rounds
(not even my suppressed .223)
But for pistol shooting and sighting PERFECT!!
Range length is 50 ft.
And a cheap yearly fee..
-J

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR