Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Where to buy a Plumb Crazy Lower

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by bignate, Dec 6, 2010.

1. bignate

bignate Oregon Member

I am looking for a Plumb Crazy lower. If your a dealer or someone who is looking to sell please let me know.

Now onto the discussion of these strange lowers... I have been impressed with them. I'm going for a super lightweight build. What's your thoughts?

Thanks nate

2. doobee8

doobee8 Salem, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

NorthernBornRebel had some Awhile back. Check in with him He's a supporter on the boards here.

3. .45's and .38's

.45's and .38's Happy Valley OR Well-Known Member

I also am looking for the plumb lower. I am near Portland. I have a wtb posted but I am not having much luck. As far as reviews, I havent read anything bad yet. Also really want to build a lightweight build with my A1 upper! I hear the LPK can be switched out also!

4. bignate

bignate Oregon Member

Thanks I'll contact him.

I have used one. There pretty sweet. The one I used he had swapped the trigger out. He had a light weight pencil barrel upper on it. When I had shot it, it had about 500 rounds down the tube and no signs of wear.

nate

5. KalamaMark

KalamaMark Kalama Wa Well-Known Member

The Gun Shop in Longview has some for $129. I saw them last week...you might call ahead and check stock before you make the drive.

6. peabody

peabody midwest New Member

e-mail ross. at............

igotbrass@yahoo.com

he has a bunch of them.

i built a lightweight 20 pencil barrel.

with my plum crazy lower. and a cheap aluminum, midwayusa free floating handguard, with A1 stock. .625 single rail gas block' DD buis,

dang thing is really light' and the most accurate AR i own.

peabody

7. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

FYI, got to play around with one of these a couple days ago. I love the idea (it is VERY light!).

However, the trigger and sear assembly are also plastic. Also, you cannot put a standard metal sear assembly in it (unless you re-drilled the holes). Lastly, the price for plastic is a bit disturbing...

8. SVT-ROY

SVT-ROY Tigard Resident Beretta guru

There is a spot in Arizona that has them in stock.Google it, pm me if u have trouble.second build I got one and slapped on an Olympic arms 14.5 " 5.56 Barrel and there matching aluminum lightweight quad rail, yhm threaded break. Very lightweight, even with a 5.56 bcg and 30 round mag. As it sits now its got the .22 bcg and a 50 round black dog drum.

Screw it I'm going to look it up now. Here's one but not the one I'm thinking of. Back to Google.

http://www.texasgunclass.com/GunsForSale.html

http://newfrontierarmory.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=91_1_134_135

9. peabody

???? re-drill what ?
    several peoples have swapped out the trigger group, havent heard of anyone re-drilling anything ?

friend of mine on the west coast, putt a rock river two stage in his... no problems ?

peabody

10. das_napeth

das_napeth Snohomish, WA Member

There is a thread at seattleguns.net for a group buy. Might want to check it out, its in the Military-style rifles section.

11. bignate

bignate Oregon Member

Thanks guys. I found mine, and am waiting to get them in. I'll post pics and a report in a couple of weeks.

Nate

12. Riot

Was told by my source that the pin holes were too small to put a standard trigger sear in it. If that is not the case then my bad...still too expensive for plastic though.

13. peabody

well ? expensive ?

im not sure about that, i bought mine for 135 dollars shipped,
    that comes with complete M4 buttstock.
    didn't thinks that was too bad ?

i mean.. heck :)
    its all there. just add upper and go shooting.

:)

peabody

14. Riot

I guess that is fine now-a-days. That's still retarded though, considering I got my del-ton complete lower (without stock) for $85 just two years ago.

Even RGuns Lowers, in which I've personally known to be the lowest around, have more than doubled their prices within the last year. I think just about everything (at least AR related) is way overpriced for what it's worth.

15. glockfan

glockfan North of Cottage Grove Member

I sent him a PM and he said he is no longer carrying them.

16. brad691

brad691 milwaukie Member

I ordered some of Nate. I will have them in a few days. Any of you want one?

17. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

What is the price including xfer?

18. brad691

brad691 milwaukie Member

$120.00 including Xfer.

19. SVT-ROY

SVT-ROY Tigard Resident Beretta guru

Dam I will have to grab another at that price. I guess next ill build a complete budget Ar for under 500

20. brad691

brad691 milwaukie Member

pm sent

I will have more about the 19th if anyone wants one.