JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Grilling425: ZA-Survivalist is being cheeky. You are strongly (STRONGLY) advised NOT to go to "The Gun Room." You are new to gun culture and unless you want to get totally and irretrievably turned off from guns forever, stay away.
Exactly. Truthfully never go there. That place does not deserve anyones business with what Ive heard has gone on.

What's wrong with Mary's Pistols? I haven't been there since I moved out of the area, but Dan & Mary were always good people. Did something change?
Been shopping them (Mary's) since they opened. Have even sold a couple guns to them after the state made selling a PITA. They are very "Mom & Pop but I always liked that. Dan had a stroke good while back. They were open less hours for a while after that. Have not heard how he is holding up now as its been a while. Would have no problem dealing with them again.
Welchers we have bought a few guns from and one safe. Have had some "rough" times with them but not to the point we did not go back again.
Bulls Eye, we are yearly members on the range. Have bought a few guns over the years. Always been happy with them.

I think you are going about this from the wrong angle.

To really get a full immersion experience in gun store service, you could travel to the Gun Room in Portland. After that, every other shop you go to will seem fabulous in comparison.

-E-
I have heard so many of these tales that if we end up down that way again I will have to stop in just to see this disaster in person. :D

Been shopping them (Mary's) since they opened. Have even sold a couple guns to them after the state made selling a PITA. They are very "Mom & Pop but I always liked that. Dan had a stroke good while back. They were open less hours for a while after that. Have not heard how he is holding up now as its been a while. Would have no problem dealing with them again.
Welchers we have bought a few guns from and one safe. Have had some "rough" times with them but not to the point we did not go back again.
Bulls Eye, we are yearly members on the range. Have bought a few guns over the years. Always been happy with them.
I knew Dan was having some health issues when I still lived in the area, but I hadn't heard about the stroke. Bought & sold from them a few times. Definitely Mom & Pop, that's the best part. I even voted for Dan when he ran for office. Hope they're still doing good business.

I have heard so many of these tales that if we end up down that way again I will have to stop in just to see this disaster in person. :D
You know, honestly, The Gun Room has a wide selection of guns, especially shotguns. Old double guns, some pristine old school 870's with museum quality blueing and wood.

Problem is, the fellow who shall remain nameless in this forum. Over the years I have seen his daughter in law literally wince when he's made crass remarks at customers. It's really a mixed bag with the guy. He belongs to one of the gun clubs that I shoot at and over the years he can be quite charitable. (Outside of his store!)

I know so much more about the guy but it's plainly inappropriate to mention here.

Too many stories I have about him.

My go to is Bullseye. Then sportco. And Federal Way Discount Guns. WGS in lakewood is good as well. Mary's is a fantastic shop, but selection is slim.
I tend not to do Cabelas/Bass Pro or Spirtsmans Warehouse as I like to support local businesses

Say what now?
What's wrong with Mary's Pistols? I haven't been there since I moved out of the area, but Dan & Mary were always good people. Did something change?
No
My go to is Bullseye. Then sportco. And Federal Way Discount Guns. WGS in lakewood is good as well. Mary's is a fantastic shop, but selection is slim.
I tend not to do Cabelas/Bass Pro or Spirtsmans Warehouse as I like to support local businesses
Bass, Cabelas and WGS are really cool. At WGS am I able to try a gun out first? I know they have an indoor range

Bass, Cabelas and WGS are really cool. At WGS am I able to try a gun out first? I know they have an indoor range
The last time I was there the range and shop are no longer the same owners. Even if they were unless you were trying to buy a gun they used in rentals I would highly doubt they would do this. Would be kind of nice if shops that have a range would do this for the used guns though. Interesting idea.

If someone told me that Federal Way Discount Guns and Indoor Shooting Range was on fire, I'd hijack a truck load of marshmallows and hot dogs and break a land speed record to get there in time for lunch.

F that place.
F the psychotic owner who thinks every customer who comes through the door is there to steal from him (his own words).
F the azzhole manager and his blatant disrespect for older people.
F the gunsmith that let a customer's broken gun sit untouched for TWO F-ING YEARS.

Part of having a successful gun buying experience is knowing what you want. No one knows it all but if your looking for a handgun know if you want a pistol or a revolver and know what its intended purpose will be. The more information you can provide the clerk the better he/she can help you. You want to buy a gun the clerk wants to sell one. You will find those special salesman that tell you they know it all - those are the ones I take note of and stay away from.

If someone told me that Federal Way Discount Guns and Indoor Shooting Range was on fire, I'd hijack a truck load of marshmallows and hot dogs and break a land speed record to get there in time for lunch.

F that place.
F the psychotic owner who thinks every customer who comes through the door is there to steal from him (his own words).
F the azzhole manager and his blatant disrespect for older people.
F the gunsmith that let a customer's broken gun sit untouched for TWO F-ING YEARS.
My friend! Don't bottle things up. It's not healthy! Come on, you can tell us how you really feel! We're all friends here, after all.

If you were in Oregon Id say to head down to "The Gun Room". :D
You'll get.. an experience alright.

Ha!!......I was typing damn near the same thing while you were posting. :D

-E-

Exactly. Truthfully never go there. That place does not deserve anyones business with what Ive heard has gone on.

Be SURE and ask "Big Tony" about the Glock selection!

:s0108:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads