JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently got into the 7.62x39 caliber and I would like to hear where my fellow forum members get there best priced bulk ammo.

I am seeing about 18-19 cents plus shipping from a lot of online stores. I think generally 18-19 cents is 'ok,' but that is for steel cased FMJ and shipping is rather exorbitant from those sites, and as a reloader who can make nice Hornady bullet Amax/SP .223 for 14 cents its a bit funny to me.

So, where do you go for your volume purchases of 7.62x39 either brass or steel cased ammo?

For those interested, I will be feeding an FDE version of this:

Blem PSAK-47 Liberty GB2 Zhukov Rifle, Plum

I scored 1000 rounds of Red Army Standard from Cabelas w/free shipping and 5% veteran discount for .13-.15 cents a round in December '17.

That's great! Not all of us are veterans, thank you for your service. Having a Cabelas in WA makes most things ammo wise better to go online at other retailers and avoid the tax.

I recently got into the 7.62x39 caliber and I would like to hear where my fellow forum members get there best priced bulk ammo.

I am seeing about 18-19 cents plus shipping from a lot of online stores. I think generally 18-19 cents is 'ok,' but that is for steel cased FMJ and shipping is rather exorbitant from those sites, and as a reloader who can make nice Hornady bullet Amax/SP .223 for 14 cents its a bit funny to me.

So, where do you go for your volume purchases of 7.62x39 either brass or steel cased ammo?

For those interested, I will be feeding an FDE version of this:

Blem PSAK-47 Liberty GB2 Zhukov Rifle, Plum
Go to www.ammoseek.com . You'll get a basic idea of just what is out there and can reference the sales item pricing against this. my 2 cents

Just stick to steel case ammo. Brass is expensive. I normally just go with wolf over tula. Lacquer is much better than polymer, and barnaul seems to have their hands on quality control better than tula does.

Just stick to steel case ammo. Brass is expensive. I normally just go with wolf over tula. Lacquer is much better than polymer, and barnaul seems to have their hands on quality control better than tula does.

This!

No reason to use brass in that caliber, unless you are working something up (say for a bolt gun or a Mini-30)...And "most" folks wouldn't really have a need to work something up in that caliber.

If you are wanting a "defensive" round in that caliber, then old stock Yugo M67 is the way to go. Still couldn't reload at the current cost. Caution, as M67 is berdan primed/corrosive.

Corrosive primed simply means once you are done using it at the range, to clean your rifle immediately. Same day/next day.

We find spraying with "simple green" cleaner (5-10%), followed by warm water (or hot if next day), followed by WD-40, followed by standard cleaning works extremely well. For us.

No need to follow above cleaning regimen with commercial steel cased non-corrosive.

No reason to use brass in that caliber, unless you are working something up (say for a bolt gun or a Mini-30)...And "most" folks wouldn't really have a need to work something up in that caliber.
Well, I probably should have used an asterisk in my original post... Some early Mini-30s have/had .308 bores, so you would need to reload using .308 bullets. So there is a definite need for those. Outside of that, there isn't much need.

For what its worth, my wasr shoots pretty good with monarch ammo. Too bad its not as cheap as other steel ammo.

To reiterate though, go lacquer over polymer coated. The polymer coating is not good for rust prevention.

I bought some arsenal before it's good ammo but exspesive now I stick to the stuff that comes in the can Tula I believe it is got some red army too

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews