JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm installing my LPK in my MEGA lower, and can't seem to locate my roll-pin holders to start the roll pins. The bolt stop roll pin is always the hardest. I've looked around and can't seem to find anyone locally that sells them. Anyone have any idea where I can locate some? I seem to need a 3/32, which I believe is a #3. Any help will be appreciated!

I Know Brownells had them, that is where I got mine. I have used a rubber hose that fitted tightly over the pin and punch and also have used tape. Sometimes two hands are not enough. I have also used a vise as a clamp, and pressed the pin in, to get it started.

I Know Brownells had them, that is where I got mine. I have used a rubber hose that fitted tightly over the pin and punch and also have used tape. Sometimes two hands are not enough. I have also used a vise as a clamp, and pressed the pin in, to get it started.

I was hoping to find some locally. I'd really like to have the correct tool for the job, as that will help to ensure that I don't slip and accidentally mar my receiver. (I hope)

The easy way around it it to take needle nose pliers and ever so slightly pinch one end of the roll pin and slightly crimp it, like the last 1/32" of it and you will be able to start it in the hole. Done dozens ov lowers this way without any problems.

I know they're not local, but when I was looking I ended up with these from Midway. $18 for the set versus $50 for a set at Brownells. Best part was they are the same diameter as the takedown and pivot pins, so I was able to use one to "trap" the pivot pin detent in place before sliding the pivot pin into place.

For local/in a pinch - I think the tape or small diameter tubing over the standard roll-pin punch is the ticket. Another option I've seen is to take a piece of 1/4" DIA rod stock and drill into the end of it, then heat-treat it to harden it a bit. Seemed like a lot of work to me just for a single roll pin (but then I spent $18 plus shipping on a set to do the same darn thing!).

I know they're not local, but when I was looking I ended up with these from Midway. $18 for the set versus $50 for a set at Brownells. Best part was they are the same diameter as the takedown and pivot pins, so I was able to use one to "trap" the pivot pin detent in place before sliding the pivot pin into place.
That's the same thing I got. I tried Harbor Freight and a couple other places but could not find them locally so I just ordered them after a few frustrating days of trying to use standard punches, needle nose pliers, etc. They work great.
Lyman Roll Pin Punch Set 4-Piece Steel - MidwayUSA

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads