JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone have experience with wheel locks or boots? I have a $6000 cargo trailer I'd like to protect and have found that the hitch locks I have are easily removed. Most all of the wheel lock assemblies look like they could be removed in a few minutes with a saws-all or die grinder. Maybe slowing a thief down is the best I can expect?

How about an alarm system on the trailer, and an alarm/surveillance system on a nearby building/etc. showing the trailer - especially if you keep valuables inside like some tradesmen do?

A hardened cable or chain lock thru holes in the wheel (assuming there are holes) and maybe that goes around the frame? Both can be cut thru with a grinder though - hence maybe the alarm.

Also, one of those GPS thingys that you can use to find where the trailer is. Not sure if they have them that alarm when it is moving, but I would assume that would be an option?

Multiple layers of defense. Unfortunately, people stealing trailers is more common than many assume.

Take off wheels. Store in trailer. Lock trailer. Keep trailer on blocks. PITA for you when needed, thieves won't take the effort to see if wheels are in trailer.

A good boot seems like a pretty solid defence, doesnt have to be fool proof just make it so there are easier targets to be had.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top