JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked up These Old Boots in 2005 and they were the first real pair of hunting boots that I had owned for the better part of the previous 40 years in the field. When I first got them home and sat them in the closet next to some of their predecessors they did not gloat, but listened intently to the stories the Old Worriers had to tell.

These Old Boots were very eager to please from the first day out, wagging their imaginary tails with excitement. They knew that their primary role was to get me safely there and back with a slipper like feel, and they lived up to that. During their first training sessions they figured out which coats they preferred to wear on the inside, along with what the best tension was for their leashes, and these were lessons they never ever deviated from in all these years.

These Old Boots have performed admirably in any condition that came their way. From clambering through the brush and rocks to slogging through miles of water, mud and snow, they willingly fought to keep my feet warm, dry and blister free. They also worked very well with their friends "Rain Pants" and "Duct Tape" to get me through knee deep water crossings. These Old Boots are so smart that they even suggested to Rain Pants that they bring along "Suspenders" because whenever Duct Tape came out Rain Pants would always be falling down.

These Old Boots had realized that their pads were starting to lose some of their grip and were thinking about some of the tales Old Worriers had told them, when the closet door opened and a very young "Irish Setter" came and sat next to them. At first they felt bad knowing that they probably had some more years left in them, but that all went away when they started telling Irish Setter their own stories from the past.

Then something truly amazing happened. The closet door opened up and These Old Boots watched as they left Irish Setter behind in the closet. They knew that it was not going to be all the work that they were used to, but they were going out. This continued on for a few more years until they were headed out for their last goose hunt of this past season and they felt their pad starting to flap. They were horrified at the thought of being tossed aside like Old Worriers, but they fought to get back to the truck as dry as they could.

As These Old Boots set next to the heater drying after their customary bath from being out, all they could think about was not being able to pass this last adventure along to Irish Setter. Then to their surprise they met yet another new friend, "Shoe Goo".

It's not over……….

These Old Boots.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR