JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking to buy one good quality AK 47 patern rifle. What's the Colt or BCM version of a AK ? Also I need to stock up on some mags, what are the PMAG version of AK mags ? I am totally AK ignorant. Thoughts ?

Look for a Kragujevac/Zastava rifles. Made in Serbia. Excellent rifles, especially the recent ones with chrome-lined barrels. Zastavas are the quality standard of AKs. I've got one Ive had since the early 1980's. Easily the most accurate AK I have owned. Again tho, a Chinese used will out last you. USA-made AK's are not the best quality, and I'm lookin at Century specifically. But, YMMV!
Just sayin...

Looking for an established brand-name new AK(M) that belies consistent fit/quality? = Arsenal w/ accompanying polymer Circle10 mags.

PMAG produces a Gen3 AKM mag with steel reinforced lugs/spine, or one can also pay a premium for highly collectible Bakelite mags.

PMAG produces a Gen3 AKM mag with steel reinforced lugs/spine, or one can also pay a premium for highly collectible Bakelite mags.
Unless they have updated them with steel reinforced feed lips AK PMAGs are a hard pass for me. Never could justify the crazy cost of Bakelite mags, but then I'm not a collector, I use my stuff.

Unless they have updated them with steel reinforced feed lips AK PMAGs are a hard pass for me. Never could justify the crazy cost of Bakelite mags, but then I'm not a collector, I use my stuff.
Any experience with the $6 steel AK mags from Global Ordinance?

I haven't put many rounds through 1 so far, just functioned tested it and it seemed to he good to go.

That's a really good price on a single unit consider it is within a few cents of a case 56 unit price.
https://globalordnance.com/case-of-56-shk-30rd-ak47-magazines/

So temping but damn I've never seen a Korean mag worth a crap.
Youtube might have reviews of them being tested. Physically they feel like they are built like a brick bubblegum house. I only ran a mag through it so far to function test it in a Palmetto AKP which is a 10.5 barrel AK pistol. Not a lot of testing, I know, but I didn't want to burn through a lot of ammo, I just wanted to see if there was anything obviously an issue.

For reference, I only use Glock OEM mags and refuse to own any Korean glock mags.

Edit:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR