JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I shoot way less these days, but must say I've been digging revolvers. Smith and Wessons mainly, but the occasional Astra outing or Webley wackiness can be fun. :D
I've been really enjoying my 357 Sigs lately but the last couple of times I shot revolvers I shot my War Finish Webley 38/200 and my S&W Hand Ejector 32-20. Both around 1920's vintage I think.

586 L-Comps are schweeeeeet!!!!

IMG_0021.jpeg

I've owned a few Blackhawks and Super Blackhawks. All were Three Screw, but two. They are fantastic, accurate, strong guns. If you're a single action fan, you should have at least one. I found that I don't shoot a single action as instinctively as I do a double action, so I sold all of the SA guns.
I'm a lifelong Ruger fan, but have never owned a Ruger DA revolver. I've had a few Colts, but the large majority have been Smith and Wesson. I recently traded into an N-Frame, and now have all current sizes, J, K, L and N-Frame. Hmm, guess I do like S&W after all. :)

Historic revolvers...
I like and have owned :
Colt's Dragoon , Colt's 1851 Navy and 1860 Army revolvers...
I have never owned ...but enjoyed shooting the Colt Single Action Army revolver.

I like old model un-converted Ruger Blackhawk revolvers.....
The Ruger Security Six and Speed Six series are very nice...

Smith and Wesson models :
10 , 15 , 19 , and 28 are my favorites....
All preferably pinned and recessed...and with no dumbazz "HIllary Hole "

Uberti copies of the above named Colt revolvers....are very well made .

In any event....
"Best " is extremely subjective...and what is "best" for one person and their use...can easily be "worst" for someone else.
Andy

I have to say that it was hard for me to admit to myself that I shot better with anything besides the Colt SAA style of gun. The Colt was "The Gun" of every TV hero when I was a kid and because of that was "The Gun" to have. I could shoot the Blackhawks I had very well, but it took a lot of concentrated effort to do so.
The D/A revolver, especially round butt frames, fit my hand very well and I shoot them better than any S/A revolver. I like to shoot the guns in D/A, too.
I think that's the best kind of revolver.

For me, anyway.

Rohm RG-10 of course - German engineering at it's finest!

Kidding of course. I think my practical favorite out of all my revolvers is the trusty old S&W Model 66. I know it's not as durable as a Ruger, but it just fits my hand and balances so well, it's hard to beat.

My other favorite is one I've owned for nearly 35 years, a beautiful 6" Model 29-2 with that old-school deep S&W bluing and smooth rosewood target grips. I've spent a lot of good time at the range with that old gun.

The only revolver I have at the moment is a tiny North American Arms 22 magnum, with laser sight. I can't believe how loud that little thing is, lol. The best accuracy I get with it is shooting from the hip using the laser. I used to have a Ruger 22 single action that shot both 22 long, and 22 mag, but I sold it years ago, because I found the curved old west handle to be too uncomfortable.

Have to say any S&W N Frame, as long as it's in 41 Magnum. :s0144:
Fully admit I have a fetish for classic S&W revolvers. Love my model 19-2 with a 2.5" barrel, my model 66 is awesome, but my GP-100 isn't too bad, either.

I always loved that design. Can't remember now why it was they went away from it but its a shame they did.
Couldn't agree more. It would be great to see a modern, double-action top-break, in say .38 Special or .45 ACP. Nice grips. Adjustable sights. Something in the 5—6" barrel zone. Would be neato to me anyway. :D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top