JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Im going to hope I can find a lower locally, otherwise I will have to get the lower through a FFL

I dont need the carry Handle & I want to use P mags so the $750 deal isnt for me.

I also was thinking about the lower & I want to make it looks good, So I might try & find a assembled lower & save up for a good stock

You still have to either go FTF or through an FFL for the lower, don't you? Even a stripped lower? If you don't want to go through an FFL, don't you have to find an Oregon private party sale?

I would think it would be just as easy to find the whole gun FTF??

As far as I know you have to be 21 to purchase a stripped Lower from a FFL. Private sale I could get a lower no problem......even if it was for a handgun. I am hoping I can post a WTB Lower & I will get some bites.

Im going to hope I can find a lower locally, otherwise I will have to get the lower through a FFL

I dont need the carry Handle & I want to use P mags so the $750 deal isnt for me.

I also was thinking about the lower & I want to make it looks good, So I might try & find a assembled lower & save up for a good stock

I believe that the first version Pmags might have a problem, but the newer ones shouldn't. You can ID the newer ones by the "M" molded into the base and also into the follower. Failing that, the Emags (export version) should fit anything.

I happen to prefer to spend twice as much and get Cammenga mags. They are tough, and so danged fast to load. You can find them for about $25 sometimes online.<broken link removed>

Thanks for explaining how to tell the difference. I think 25 is a little steep for me. If I tried one, maybe my mind would change though.

Maybe get one. Think of it. You have ten mags loaded and the last is a Cammenga. If you run out of ammo in a fire fight, you may only have time to reload one mag at a time anyway. So why not have the one?

There are folks selling lowers right now in the classifieds on this forum..

I believe when the stripped lowers are first sold the serial number is either registered as a pistol or a rifle and then is supposed to remain as such for its life. So age requirement should be based on what it's registered as, not what it might or might not be made into. At least when I bought mine brand new I had to decide if it was going to be a pistol or a rifle.

Last Edited:
I believe when the stripped lowers are first sold the serial number is either registered as a pistol or a rifle and then is supposed to remain as such for its life. So age requirement should be based on what it's registered as, not what it might or might not be made into. At least when I bought mine brand new I had to decide if it was going to be a pistol or a rifle.

Stripped lowers can be sold as "other". The new 4473 does not have a pistol provision for stripped lowers any longer. To buy one from across state lines, it can not be purchased as other, but as a rifle.

I've worked enough gun shows next to JC Weaponry, Stoner Arms, Coctailer and many other FFL's so I know what I type.

One only has to be 18 to buy a lower as long as it's run through as a rifle. If doing so, it can NEVER BE A PISTOL.

Also, take it from someone who has owned and built a "few" AR's, you get what you pay for. The DSA stuff is decent but spend a few extra bucks and go with Del-Ton. Their Customer Service is great and they stand behind their products 100% and give you no flak when/if something breaks. Great people over there!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top