JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Do you need a detected lower?
Yes something like this:

Or this one:

Or this one:

Or a mag insert like this:

What is the advantage to 45acp in ar15 platform? At 16" barrel, is it still aubsonic at the business end?
I've never heard of a 230 grain .45ACP bullet going super sonic in any barrel length. It's an excellent cartridge for suppressors.

You can shoot some suuuuuper hot 45super loads and get well beyond 44mag power. This would be a fun setup. I have a 185gr 45 super load that is pushing 1480fps (900ft/lbs) and a 230gr load going about 1250fps. And that's out of a 5" barrel

You can shoot some suuuuuper hot 45super loads and get well beyond 44mag power. This would be a fun setup. I have a 185gr 45 super load that is pushing 1480fps (900ft/lbs) and a 230gr load going about 1250fps. And that's out of a 5" barrel
In the AR platform? If so how heavy of a buffer are you using?

What mods did you make to your 1911. I have some 45 super brass and would like to try it someday maybe in one of my Tisas 1911s
You should! Always use 45 super brass. Starline says it's 460 rowland brass cut down. So in theory if your gun can handle it and you have good chamber support you can get close to 460 rowland numbers.
I did a 24lb recoil spring and a shock buffer from Wilson combat. Cost me like $35 shipped. I'm using 45 super brass with a 185gr nosler JHP over 12.0gr of power pistol for the 900ft/lbs load. I worked up from about 10grs and still don't see any over pressure signs. I don't wanna go any higher without a compensator though to slow the slide down a bit. Makes one hell of a fireball

1000007610.jpg

You should! Always use 45 super brass. Starline says it's 460 rowland brass cut down. So in theory if your gun can handle it and you have good chamber support you can get close to 460 rowland numbers.
I did a 24lb recoil spring and a shock buffer from Wilson combat. Cost me like $35 shipped. I'm using 45 super brass with a 185gr nosler JHP over 12.0gr of power pistol for the 900ft/lbs load. I worked up from about 10grs and still don't see any over pressure signs. I don't wanna go any higher without a compensator though to slow the slide down a bit. Makes one hell of a fireball

View attachment 1811998
What pressure signs are you looking for?

What pressure signs are you looking for?
Flat primers, primer flow, case head bulge. Haven't noticed anything yet. I am using S&B large primers which don't have a pistol or rifle designation that I can see. They seem to be working phenomenally though.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top