JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Behind Winston's back the voice from the telescreen was
still babbling away about pig-iron and the overfulfilment
of the Ninth Three-Year Plan. The telescreen received and
transmitted simultaneously. Any sound that Winston made,
above the level of a very low whisper, would be picked up by
it, moreover, so long as he remained within the field of vision
which the metal plaque commanded, he could be seen
as well as heard. There was of course no way of knowing
whether you were being watched at any given moment. How
often, or on what system, the Thought Police plugged in on
any individual wire was guesswork. It was even conceivable
that they watched everybody all the time. But at any rate
they could plug in your wire whenever they wanted to. You
had to live—did live, from habit that became instinct—in
the assumption that every sound you made was overheard,
and, except in darkness, every movement scrutinized."

That was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard about the CIA being able to monitor people through their TV's

I have and always will believe the world needs to have something so major happen, all electronics have become inoperable. We have grown to micromanage everything. Trade skills are suffering. Our connection too nature is a joke. We have become weak.

Edit: as far as your statement: "I personally would rather our nations security secrets not be exposed. But were too big for our britches. Anytime an entity gets too big it will have leaks and vulnerability."

No dude...No. if it's one thing you can always count on, it's a desire to Snoop. A desire to have no respect for privacy. Just like our gun rights...We can't budge on this. You give them an inch and they take a mile. It's only a matter of time until people become so stupid they will actually entertain a vote for government cameras in our homes. They must always be exposed.

I understand what you're saying an can wholeheartedly agree to a point, but the truth is we need a govt, and a military.
They need to be able to defend against other evil nations that wish to destroy us.

The more our secrets get out the weaker we are as a nation.

If our govt fails or we lose our super power status another country to destroy us to prove a point.

And as nice of an idea as it is to lose technology it would completely cripple this country and turn our streets into war like in syria.

Famine, war, death.

Meanwhile the rest of the world will take what we've built and continue on.

Thw problem we need to solve is the people we have in power and the focus they have on only remaining in power and not making this country better, stronger, and more accountable.

I understand what you're saying an can wholeheartedly agree to a point, but the truth is we need a govt, and a military.
They need to be able to defend against other evil nations that wish to destroy us.

If our govt fails or we lose our super power status another country to destroy us to prove a point.

And as nice of an idea as it is to lose technology it would completely cripple this country and turn our streets into war like in syria.

Famine, war, death.

Thw problem we need to solve is the people we have in power and the focus they have on only remaining in power and not making this country better, stronger, and more accountable.
As much as I agree with your premise here, I'm afraid we're looking in the wrong direction for the next great threat to the U.S.

This country is about to be torn asunder from the inside.
And I'm not at all certain it can be stopped.
Not enough people understand that "loose lips sink ships" and are far more interested in imposing their ideology by any means necessary, than preserving the country and the system and the ideology that allowed them to thrive.

Famine, war, death.

Yes I didn't bring it up but I agree. We do need government. That in itself is another debate. Lol. As I believe this country needs to be financially stingy, less redundant, more accountable. You hit the nail on the head with accountability.

My thinking was as a world, technology should go away until we learn to deserve it. I get what you're saying and yeah we need to be protected from other countries. Government is needed for that.

I think what this all boils down to is Intelligence gathering for Safety rather then Power. Our Letter agencies develop intelligence to keep us safe from threats, but when does that "snooping" over step Your and Mine rights to personal privacy. Yes, we need these agencies and what they do for national security, but when they can tune into your's and mine T.V. and phones, that crosses the line.

I think what this all boils down to is Intelligence gathering for Safety rather then Power. Our Letter agencies develop intelligence to keep us safe from threats, but when does that "snooping" over step Your and Mine rights to personal privacy. Yes, we need these agencies and what they do for national security, but when they can tune into your's and mine T.V. and phones, that crosses the line.
Having the ability to tap into your phone, TV etc doesn't cross the line. The manufacturers have had that forever.

Doing so is what crosses the line, and that only holds until someone without ethics gains control.
Which is why we find ourselves in the current mess.

You guys are right and the simple truth is most the the enemies of our freedoms now don't have the technology that the NSA/CIA would use against them.
The afghans learned how to circumvent these things long ago during the cold war. We taught them how we find them and now in Iraq and Astan they've learned even more.

So who else are they looking at?

With the crap that has come out in the last election I would fear they would be looking to further the political agenda rather than keep our nation safe.

Just look at how they used the IRS against us.

I believe in the military and intelligence community, unfortunately its still controlled but the ever corrupt political machine

What's this "we"? Speak for yourself. I sure don't need them, nor the insane taxes to pay for them.

Keep in mind how many founding Americans were against a standing army. They were right.

When will people finally realize the government is not for their benefit, but there to plunder them? How many Vault 7's will they need to see, to lose their faith in the government religion?

"Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."
-- Edward Abbey

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads