JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I hear @sobo free climbs in the buff, something about getting his junk rubbed on the rocks! I know he would say ya gotta try it, but nope, if it's anything like sky diving in the buff, no thank you very much, that water was cold and deep too!

Uh, he wins ... whatever it is, "you win there pal" ... :eek:

Literally, how can this be possible, yet there he is, without rope. Every muscle in his body has to be working.
He has a rope. Look more closely...

It's pale green, and it's connected to a quick-draw and a 'biner right behind his left heel.

Last Edited:
All I know is that it is a French free climber at El Capiitan in California. He is well known in the climbing community but I have no clue who he is
He's a Czech, and his name is Adam Ondra...

Which begs the question of how do you pee or poop without the assistance of a rope to keep you in place during said act????
That is a good question – so just how long does it take him to get up there?
For guys of this caliber, this is a day climb
There are a few places along the face where you can piss into the wind. For solids, they just hold it until they get to the top.
Multi-day climbers use a poop tube.

Last Edited:
This is a legit search phrase, and looking ya get stuff like:

So they must use pitons to hook the harness to, I guess ....
We don't use pitons any more, except very rarely. Too destructive to the rock. About 60 years ago, several leading rock climbers of the day (Royal Robbins, Yvon Chouinard, others) adopted an ethic that was termed "clean climbing", in that the pieces of protection inserted into the cracks are no longer hammered in by the leader and then hammered out by the second, but rather were set in cracks and act passively (in terms of chocks, nuts, and tri-cams) or actively, in the case of SLCDs (spring loaded camming devices). I can post pictures of this stuff if anyone is interested in what all this stuff looks like. Or just google it...

I think Sobo said he does that naked. Must like sticking his pecker in the crags for a good time.
Sometimes it's the only crack I can get... :s0092:

Midnight Fright FNA, Lightning Dome.jpg

I have no idea why I would be climbing a sheer cliff face when I could be sitting at the bottom with a cold bear and binoculars, waiting for someone to fall.

In fact, forget the binoculars and the mountain. :D

Non-climber - "That's F**ing crazy."
Climber: "That dude wearing the new LaSportiva Focus shoe?"

There was a naked climbing thing around here for a bit. I came back from belaying some pups who peeled it off. Came back and described it to wife. Wife told me: "Nobody wants to see a naked wrinkly out of shape old man, you just keep your clothes on". LOL

106889197_large_1494148692.jpg

Oh, it went even further, later it got more extreme, barefoot, no harness - just using the rope as a swami. These were first ascents so it seemed iffy to do it without a rope in case a rock popped off or something like that, and no one wants to walk in the woods around here barefoot, but generally even more minimalist. On one of these days, February, I was wearing a thick Feather Friends down coat.

ps, Sobo, look like you were in good shape!

Last Edited:
Non-climber - "That's F**ing crazy."
Climber: "That dude wearing the new LaSportiva Focus shoe?"

There was a naked climbing thing around here for a bit. I came back from belaying some pups who peeled it off. Came back and described it to wife. Wife told me: "Nobody wants to see a naked wrinkly out of shape old man, you just keep your clothes on". LOL

View attachment 1196635
Lol, I used to ride down to Saline Valley and just shuck the clothes for the duration. Natural hot tubs and nekid softball good times.

We don't use pitons any more, except very rarely. Too destructive to the rock. About 60 years ago, several leading rock climbers of the day (Royal Robbins, Yvon Chouinard, others) adopted an ethic that was termed "clean climbing", in that the pieces of protection inserted into the cracks are no longer hammered in by the leader and then hammered out by the second, but rather were set in cracks and act passively (in terms of chocks, nuts, and tri-cams) or actively, in the case of SLCDs (spring loaded camming devices). I can post pictures of this stuff if anyone is interested in what all this stuff looks like. Or just google it...
Thank you, I'll look 'em up, I've heard of the tri-cams, etc. No climber here, I learned about "pitons" a long time ago (probly from reading National Geographic or similar) ....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top