JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
ps, Sobo, look like you were in good shape!
Back then, when that pic was taken, about 30 years ago... 33 yoa, 158 lbs, 5'-10" tall, 12% body fat, on-sight 5.11b... Yeah, you could say I was...

Not from what I readn from where I got the pic. The description said he was a French Climber not Czeck. If you can actually prove your statement feel free.
Challenge accepted...

First, let's establish exactly who it is that is in the picture in question.
Here are a few articles with the picture you posted in the OP, along with photo credits and name of subject:

For this link, scroll down about 1/4 of the length of the article for the pic in the OP.

This one is pretty hard to miss...
Scroll down a bit - it'll show up...
So at this point, I'm pretty sure I have established that it is Adam Ondra in the above pics, which exactly match the pic from your OP. Next, let's find out exactly who Adam Ondra is. Pay particular attention to the parts about his groundbreaking ascent of Dawn Wall on El Cap.

Summing up, from the evidence thus provided, it would seem that a whole helluva lotta folks seem to believe that the photo in question was taken by Heinz Zak, and that it is a photo of Adam Ondra on the Dawn Wall of El Capitan. A review of notable ascents of the Dawn Wall would indicate that Adam Ondra is in that company. Wikipedia seems to believe that Adam Ondra is Czech, and not French.

In conclusion, I'm going with "not French" as I originally asserted. Short of me interviewing Ondra and asking him point blank what his nationality is, I believe I proved my assertion unequivocally. Care to rebut? Or do you wish to retract?

Last Edited:
Not from what I readn from where I got the pic. The description said he was a French Climber not Czeck. If you can actually prove your statement feel free.

Challenge accepted...

Pay particular attention to the parts about Dawn Wall on El Cap.

see bottom center of page

From the evidence thus provided, it would seem that a whole helluva lotta folks seem to believe that the photo in question was taken by Heinz Zak, and that it is a photo of Adam Ondra on the Dawn Wall of El Capitan. A review of notable ascents of the Dawn Wall would indicate that Adam Ondra is in that company. Wikipedia seems to believe that Ondra is Czech, and not French.

I'm pretty sure he's not French, and short of me interviewing him and asking him his nationality point blank, I believe I proved that statement unequivocally.
Hoisted by his own, snarky petard. Well done.

Could have done 2 minutes of research before his big "akshully" moment, but no. :rolleyes:
full.gif

A couple of films/documentary's I read about but cannot watch are:
127 Hours, and this one

An alternative are all Warren Miller films - in most cases I wouldn't /couldn't do this but in general, good fun
Watch Free Solo on the largest screen you can to get a better sense of size and scale that Alex is climbing. Mind blowing freaky!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top