JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For a .06 and .223 your fine. I have an 8" AR500 that I bought from steel horse and it works fine for those calibers at 100 yards.

My buddy shot it with his 22-250 and nearly punched all the way through it though.

Just FYI.

I have some of Steelhorse's AR-500 steel targets. Love 'em. Worth every penny. However, as others have said 100 yds is a little close to shoot them with rifles.

A cheaper way to go would be stop by an auto wrecking yard, or even a scrap metal yard and get some old heads, some brake rotors or even steel wheels and hang them from a tree or something then shoot them. If they break, or get rittled with holes who cares? Just don't leave them out in the woods when you are done. Bring them back home with you.

For a .06 and .223 your fine. I have an 8" AR500 that I bought from steel horse and it works fine for those calibers at 100 yards.

My buddy shot it with his 22-250 and nearly punched all the way through it though.

Just FYI.

Yep.

2012-09-27_12-57-13_817.jpg

All the splatter you see is from .223 FMJ, the hole is from .22-250 shooting Winchester soft point varmint rounds, all were 55gr. Distance was 100 yards.

The thing that kills AR500 is velocity. Anything over 3500 fps is going to start dinging up your plates. It's not the weight. My .50 hitting a hanging plate doesn't even really ding them, but it does dent them.

A cheaper way to go would be stop by an auto wrecking yard, or even a scrap metal yard and get some old heads, some brake rotors or even steel wheels and hang them from a tree or something then shoot them. If they break, or get rittled with holes who cares? Just don't leave them out in the woods when you are done. Bring them back home with you.

I do not recommend this when only going out to 100 yards. Ricochets will reach you. It won't likely be at a high enough velocity to do any major damage but I prefer no damage in the context of bullets and my body.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top