JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
go with a rock island they run smooth feed and fire reliably and hit what they are aimed at all without a big price tag. Of course you won't be able to impress people with how much you paid for it, only with it's reliability and accuracy. price range 3-4 hundred

I would recommend a RIA 1911, too. I know it isn't a colt (I sold my colt), and that they are not the most well made, but they are accurate, feed ball ammo and some hp's perfectly, and they are cheap. You could find one for around $300-$350 if you look hard enough. If you are just looking for a plinking/platform introduction/home defense gun, this is a good choice. You can do some nice upgrades to it too, get a titanium firing pin and a new barrel for it (these are cheap upgrades) and you should be good to go. Whatever you get, run at least 1000-1500 rounds through the gun before you trust your life with it. Then replace parts you even think might need replacing.

If you look hard enough, you can probably find a Colt M1991A1 or other model 1911 (full size) for $500, so for an extra $150 you can get a colt instead of a RIA.

Awesome. I know someone here had an RIA for $350 I think, but it would be nice to get a colt, just because that is going to be more valuable some day. I don't say that to be greedy, I just want to buy a 1911 and keep it FOREVER:s0131:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top