JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, In the last few days I have bought a hammock, a set of brake and gas pedal extenders for my wife's new truck (she is five foot nothing), a tool box for my flatbed, two books and some pins for my weight distribution hitch.

I would say on average I order from Amazon two to three times a week, at least one of those is a book ( I read a hundred or so books a year)

Beware of the new Amazon Scam,
I ordered two "pendants" (pointed knuckle ring)

Ordered, was told mid July, now its August. Both sellers decided to up and delete their account off Amazon so I cannot contact them.

Sellers in their ad never said they were from China. For $2-3 a pop Im sure a whole bunch of people got fooled.

An easy $2000-$3000 for them with all the orders of only $1.50-$5 per pendant... then they close their account and create another. Not sure if they have info to the card numbers (as a seller) or if Amazon handles that.. But my card was hacked not more than a week after my order.. perhaps it was just a coincidence. Ill be filing for a refund (though nil).. But man it irks me to know slimballs like that are out there finding loopholes in online retail.

Anyhow.. Was wondering if this happened to anyone else?

Sorry to post this, but the order would have been non firearm related. :p

I have ordered a pile of direct from china stuff ( flashlights, gun parts, camping stuff) never had a problem, much of it is delivered in less time than it took to ship stuff in the lower 48 15-20 years ago.

Beware of the new Amazon Scam,
I ordered two "pendants" (pointed knuckle ring)

Ordered, was told mid July, now its August. Both sellers decided to up and delete their account off Amazon so I cannot contact them.

Sellers in their ad never said they were from China. For $2-3 a pop Im sure a whole bunch of people got fooled.

An easy $2000-$3000 for them with all the orders of only $1.50-$5 per pendant... then they close their account and create another. Not sure if they have info to the card numbers (as a seller) or if Amazon handles that.. But my card was hacked not more than a week after my order.. perhaps it was just a coincidence. Ill be filing for a refund (though nil).. But man it irks me to know slimballs like that are out there finding loopholes in online retail.

Anyhow.. Was wondering if this happened to anyone else?

Sorry to post this, but the order would have been non firearm related. :p

I would hope/expect Amazon to do right by you on this - after all, it's their reputation that's on the line when they allow these sellers on their site. I'm sure they can't police them all, unless they get reports from folks like you - which may be why their account is now gone. I would definitely be in touch with Amazon on this.

As for me, I've ordered stuff that came drop shipped from China over Amazon, so far, no issues.

oR2jBK8ifdewhhdvZ7NxlUpG3aaNnD7zYzLgrn3d5384PnRNMTjUqfEMIXArz4FWE4x4JN6QBr0lbh8aUDL=w640-h853-no.jpg
Ordered a new one of these last night, should be here tomorrow (faster than the parts stores in town). Had a hard time not getting anything else (knives especially)

Rear trunk support shocks for my wife's Pilot. Man that hatch is heavy without supports. Really heavy.

Update:
I forgot how easy hatch doors should be to open. Three minutes to pop the new ones in. My shoulder that I had operated on in December did not like holding that hatch up. The driver side original one was completely blown, the passenger side was about 50% but one is not enough to hold it up.

Now it's easy, pop it and barely open the hatch and it's ready to go up like it should.

$22 online shipped for the pair vs $37 each locally.

Last Edited:
View attachment 305526
Ordered a new one of these last night, should be here tomorrow (faster than the parts stores in town). Had a hard time not getting anything else (knives especially)
That's a pretty rad ring.... Carbon fiber and titanium, I'm guessing?

My ring is just titanium.. I also ride titanium bike frames, and it's sort of a Ben Beckerich style point.. I love titanium - but my Ti bikes also have carbon parts. If I'd thought about it, I probably would have done Ti/carbon also!

I also purchased some safety razors - Feather Platinums.. best damn blades I've tried yet. Wilkenson Swords were also pretty good, but the last batch I tried, Astras... holy sh!t, man.. those things tore me up. Became evident that I have some tough hair and need a really sharp blade. Was about to give up on safety razor all together, but figured I'd try the Feathers first, on recommendation from a riding buddy.. glad I did.

And finally (also bike related... can you believe it?)...

$.jpg

Though I've been in possession of this frame for a couple of months, I only just paid for it today. So that qualifies too, right?

A cyclist bro's bro crashed this Ghisallo frame and cracked the seat-tube. I offered to buy it from him, and figured I'd just replace the seat-tube or have it replaced (since welding titanium isn't exactly for amateurs).. but somehow between the time it was taken out of service and when it finally got to me, from Florida to Oregon, the top-tube acquired a dent and the non-drive seat-stay somehow took two pretty huge dents... taking the project WAY outside of the realm of feasible. One tube is bad enough, but THREE paper-thin, shaped, 3/2.5 ti alloy tubes is like half the damn the frame. So the "seller" apologized and tore my check up uncashed.

Fast forward a couple months, the frame still hanging in my garage, useless, the wife suggested I put it above the 1934 TdF print (she gave me for last father's day) in my office... so I emailed the guy who'd sent me the frame and told him I finally found a use for it, and that I'd like to send him another check.

So everyone sorta wins, in the end... instead of a rideable frame, I have wall art.

It's a beater but runs great and drives pretty good for bald tires. Which is the first stop before home.
I saw the factory locker online and hoped they had overlooked it on this but it doesn't have them.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top