JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm curious as to what everyone is running for passive? How often do you actually train passive, if ever? How does what you are running work for you? What hasn't worked for you?

I know the Eotechs and aimpoints run the night game and for the most part for good reason. However, why did you go with A over B? What mount are you running with it / co witness.

Not trying to start a gear debate or Active Mawl over peq debate. Just trying to increase my knowledge on passive.

I prefer my EOTech EXPS3-0, for a few reasons...

1) It has the widest FOV available and when you consider you're down to about a 30 degree window under NODs the wider the view on the optic the better for finding the reticle fast, especially while moving.
2) My EOTech has 10 NV level brightness settings vs my Aimpoints has 4. I find it really helpful to get the perfect setting for the various ambient conditions.
3) I much prefer the way the EOTech reticle looks under NODs, I think they look like crap during the but they are real nice using NV.

I have it on a Unity FAST optic riser which puts it at 2.26", no need to co-witness for passive aiming. I train both active and passive shooting with NV. I think with the increasing popularity if NV passive aiming is pretty important since a laser works in both directions. Gone are the days when groups of guys can stomp around looking like a Led Zepplin laserium show, at least if they don't to ambushed by guys going passive.

I am currently putting together a general purpose rifle that will also be fully NV capable, it will get a LPVO with Aimpoint ACRO P2 piggybacked at 12 o'clock.

I'm curious as to what everyone is running for passive? How often do you actually train passive, if ever? How does what you are running work for you? What hasn't worked for you?

I know the Eotechs and aimpoints run the night game and for the most part for good reason. However, why did you go with A over B? What mount are you running with it / co witness.

Not trying to start a gear debate or Active Mawl over peq debate. Just trying to increase my knowledge on passive.
This guy has a pretty good series on various passive aiming options and considerations...

I recently switched everything to Unity Fast mounts for my MROs.

Need tall mounts for passive use.

I'm running the MRO HD green dots right now with the scalar works 1.93 and have been pretty happy. I do wish it had a few more settings and have fat fingered turning it past the nv setting a few times now.

I started running it with a standard trijicon mount and a 3x magnifier however, I agree that the magnifier is a no go with night.

Finished the 1st and skipped through 2nd video. Looks like some really solid info and will come back to them.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews