JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New to the forum. I've been doing a lot of research. The rifle is for elk hunting and long range fun. I am set on 300 WM and wanted to get a Browning X-bolt max long range. All there rifles are out of stock every were.

So I'm thinking a Christensen Arms Mesa Long Range for about $1595 of the Bergara B-14 HMR for about $1000. Also looked at the Tikka T3x

Any input would be great.

Jon

New to the forum. I've been doing a lot of research. The rifle is for elk hunting and long range fun. I am set on 300 WM and wanted to get a Browning X-bolt max long range. All there rifles are out of stock every were.

So I'm thinking a Christensen Arms Mesa Long Range for about $1595 of the Bergara B-14 HMR for about $1000. Also looked at the Tikka T3x

Any input would be great.

Jon
Welcome to the forum Jon. :s0162:

Can't you order the Browning rifle from any of the shops you visited?
If someone doesn't have something in stock, it doesn't mean you can't place an order.
Don't compromise by going with a secondary selection (not that any of your other choices are "bad" rifles, just not your preference). Eventually, you'll be dissatisfied and sell a perfectly good gun, because it wasn't what you wanted in the first place.
If you're set on the Browning, or its a heavily preferred choice, then get the gun!

...or are you saying Browning themselves are trying to fill back orders because they don't have any assembled rifles to ship out at this time?

Dean

Last Edited:
Thanks for the replies. All the Brownings that I want are all sold out. Checked all over the internet. I looked at the Tikkas and the Christensen Mesa Long range. Don't care for the stock on the tikka and almost went for the Mesa long range. It was just extra $600 I couldn't justify. I liked the stock on the Begara B14 HMR the best and everything I read says they should shoot as good as the others. Got it in 300WM. Waiting for it to arrive. Already ordered an APA muzzle brake. Researching scopes. I'm thinking Nightforce.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top