JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Aside from being on a NASCAR crew, and playing tournament paintball, this is one of the things I used to do for fun:

[video]<broken link removed>

These Russians are using lighter swords and armor than we did, but it's the same idea. It's kind of like boxing only with weapons and armor. Those are not rubber swords. Notice the new dents in the helmets.

Here's my crew the last time we were together for an event:

Wait, so what are the rules, because that guy with the axe was trying to chop down a frickin' tree.

I brew beer, I make video games, I cook strange things like foie gras and horse. Dream of one day having a bar... and when I move to Spokane in a couple weeks going to take up either krav maga or vale tudo.

Zeke! Is that SCA? Our whole family used to do that all the time. (Until the political drama sucked some of the fun out of it.. Might go gain sometime)

I used to play MMO's (Thinking about dabbling in Guild Wars 2)

I was a heavy metal guitar player in a band at one time. Still play guitar in my spare time.
(I have a recording studio at home too with a full ban setup, drums, guitar, bass, PA etc)

Have 8 kids so I'm pretty busy with that! I like Woodworking, crafts, watching movies with the kiddies.

Up the Irons!

this is one of the things I used to do for fun:

Nice! I did live steel in the 90s. My plate was made from a VW Beetle. Put the hood ornament on my helm too, just to be a smart arse.

To answer the question;

I play complex ruled german style board games, write technical documents for the DoD(yes, fun), restore old VWs(though I can't put my pike on it!).

I'm a hard core fly fisher and fly tyer. If I'm not shooting or reloading, I'm casting or tying. I also make a bit of furniture in my woodshop whenever the mood strikes me. I retired from the Army in 1988 and haven't been gainfully employed since. Everything I do is for fun.

I play video games like most college aged kids. I'm also into cars, specifically Japanese imports. Used to do a lot of HPDEs at PIR but once I got into firearms all my money's been going to that lol. I had a fully gutted and caged Civic, turbo K20, made 495 on pump gas, for a car that weighed barely over 2000 pounds that thing was quick. Cars, guns, video games; I'm just your average Joe I suppose haha

Zeke! Is that SCA? Our whole family used to do that all the time. (Until the political drama sucked some of the fun out of it.. Might go gain sometime)

Jack, there are SCA things that are similar looking but they generally use bamboo sticks instead of real swords. Then there is the choreographed combat you see at renaissance fairs, where they most times don't even actually touch each other.

This is different. Although we sometimes got paid for our "demonstrations" at ren faires, mostly it was friendly competition. You beat on each other until somebody falls down, loses their weapon, their equipment breaks, or they say they've had enough. We've had bloody noses and broken fingers, but nothing major in the way of injuries. A lot of the armor is made out of old car hoods and tops. 1970's Cadillacs are a favorite. They're big and about the right gauge metal. Sword blades are mostly made from leaf springs from cars. That steel has good characteristics for a sword blade. A good suit of combat armor like in the picture above goes for $3000 to $5000. Here's a tip: You can do somersaults in full armor, but don't try it with spurs on...can be painful to sit down afterward.:)

FLy fish, fly fish, fly fish. More than I shoot, and I enjoy it more than I do shooting. After the initial investment, it's a lot cheaper for me to fly fish than to shoot. A lot fewer crazies associated with fly fishing, too...

so true. hahaha
The initial investment though can be pretty stellar. This fly fishing club I'm a member of has members that get out on our pond with $3k, $4k, $5k rods, and equally expensive reels. It's amazing.

FLy fish, fly fish, fly fish. More than I shoot, and I enjoy it more than I do shooting. After the initial investment, it's a lot cheaper for me to fly fish than to shoot. A lot fewer crazies associated with fly fishing, too...

My dad taught me to fly fish when I was about 8 years old. We mostly fished the Carson River and the Yuba River in CA. Haven't done it much since I got married the first time (1970). I still have some old split bamboo rods, the kind with extra tip sections in varying stiffnesses. Old reels too. I'm retiring next month so I may get out there again. Where's a good place to go around Portland?

Wait, so what are the rules, because that guy with the axe was trying to chop down a frickin' tree.

I brew beer, I make video games, I cook strange things like foie gras and horse. Dream of one day having a bar... and when I move to Spokane in a couple weeks going to take up either krav maga or vale tudo.

Ever tried groundhog?

When I say NASCAR, I'm including NASCAR Super Modifieds. 1800 lbs, 800 HP go-kart. Fun!

NickRingoSuperMod.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads