JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
First - I really want the pistol pictured below. However, I'm not ready to spend $2k+ on a single gun that I really have no need for.

That said, I would like to get some of the grips, but can't seem to find any that look like it. I checked Sig's website, but nothing there, nor on Gunbroker or Armslist. Even checked eBay.

Any idea what kind of wood that is, or where I can find grips like these?

pix579551718.jpg

2k for an X5 is a good price regardless. As far as the wood, I cant say. It looks.. OK.. to me at least.
Not a fan of the green.

The one pictured is for $1999, used. But I have seen the same gun for $2500 and up.

For some reason I am loving the green.

If ya like it.. go for it.
From someone who loves Sig, the X5 is like the top of the line.

Now, for me.. If the grip was mammoth Ivory and had the green in it. It would be sold.

If ya like it.. go for it.
From someone who loves Sig, the X5 is like the top of the line.

Now, for me.. If the grip was mammoth Ivory and had the green in it. It would be sold.

Hahaha - I would like some mammoth ivory grips, as well.

I'm a huge Sig fan, and have several 'nice' ones, but I can't get myself to pull the trigger on the X5.

I suppose it depends on what your really looking for. I really love my Sigs but really, if I was going to blow 2k+, it would be a nice, 1911 over a X-whatever.

As far as what wood that is, I still really cant tell ya.

Try Hogue. These look like laminated grips. Hogue (www.hogueinc.com) has something called a Lamo Camo that looks like this. I have some of their hardwood grips on one of my revolvers and love them. The have some very cool patterns and woods that you can custom order.

Its a laminate, multiple layers of would glued together, different layers are dyed. It doesn't look like typical laminate because its a finer grade (thinner veneers) and the relatively low curve profile does not show end or side grain well

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top