Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What Kind of Ammo for a BUG out bag gun?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by glockguy, Apr 23, 2011.

1. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

So I have slowly been putting together a Bug out bag, i chose to put my G27 on there since i dont really shoot it ever... I have two standard Mags (9 rounders) with hallow points, but then i picked up a few High cap mags (31 rounders) and I wondering if i should fill those up with Hallows as well or if standard FMJ would be ok... what do you think? maybe the 31 rounders arent a good idea to began with?

2. SRB

SRB VANCOUVER Member

I'd go with FMJ cause they're cheap and toss in a few HP's for special occasions

3. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

Whatever you can afford or mix'em up.

4. Abiqua

Abiqua Oregon Active Member

I'd make sure to get that G27 out several times a year to keep current.

5. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

Oh I shoot it every time i go out, but i just dont love shooting it enough to make it My EDC... I carry my G30 or Kahr PM40

6. jer fly

jer fly cottage grove Member

I carry HP in the gun and FMJ in my spare mags. I prefer HP for defence and keep the FMJ for other shooting circumstances.

7. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

I carry good defensive ammo in my main mag and my spare mag. The 4 spare full size mags (M&P compact my EDC) are filled with FMJ.

If you get into that kind of situation things are going to be way worse then worrying about the type of ammo you have in your mag.

While I do have factory 33rd mags for my Glocks they are more for use in my AR that takes Glock mags. In a practical shooting situation I would stick with standard size mags (or full size in your compact). If you get lots of range time and like the extended mags that is a choice you will have to make.

8. joeroket

joeroket Everett,Wa. Active Member

+1

As long as it goes bang in your firearm it is good ammo to have in the bag.