JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
may not be the best deal ever, but sure made me happy-- traded a 4.5" neos .22 (which I just didn't like)& a coupla hundred $ for a NIB, full-size (but .22lr) GSG 1911 with trad-style wood grips. They even threw in an extra mag & the state fee. Happy camper, even better my wife digs it! Cool they threw in the extra mag, 'cos the original one in the box is messed up. Ah well, an excuse to go back to the show again today! Best of all, probably gonna take it shootin this week with a certain board member who's a very skilled instructor... you know who you is :s0155: *I apologize for any blindness caused by the glare off my forehead in the pic, tinted safety glasses recommended for viewing*
GSG1911_01.jpg

A couple of years ago I traded some stuff that I had a total of $25 invested in for a Ruger Blackhawk in .357 Maximum in the box with 3 boxes of factory ammo.

I sold it a month later for $525.

Kinda wish I still had the gun........

My grampa just handed his collection down. I am the only "gun guy" in the family and he wanted to see them get some use again. So all in all about 35 guns later for $0 was a pretty good deal.

I picked up a Savage 1907 .32 auto at a yard sale many years ago that still to this day has been a great firearm! It was a personal carry piece for awhile, taught my kids to shoot and just been fun to talk about. I bought it for $15...
My best buy was also a 1907 but was a bit more than $15.

I am interested to see if anyone got a great deal this weekend...
I picked up a pre-owned unfired blem ORW15 complete lower receiver yesterday for $170. The lower was assembled with Timey Trigger, BCM Buffer Tube Kit, BCM gunfighter grip, B5 stock, Aero LPK. The stripped non-blem ORW lowers sell for $250 (which seems insane) but this one has the reject mark.

My best buy was also a 1907 but was a bit more than $15.

I picked up a pre-owned unfired blem ORW15 complete lower receiver yesterday for $170. The lower was assembled with Timey Trigger, BCM Buffer Tube Kit, BCM gunfighter grip, B5 stock, Aero LPK. The stripped non-blem ORW lowers sell for $250 (which seems insane) but this one has the reject mark.

1693057598154.png

Older thread...so how 'bout an older rifle...?

The maker of my Hawken rifle , Loren "Doc" Brown , made about 800 guns ...
His personal rifle is a Flintlock Longrifle # 11.
Hand carved curly maple stock...and hand cut , shaped and engraved furniture / patchbox.
.45 caliber ...and he shot it very well.

One Veteran's Day , many years ago , he presented it to me.
I am honored that he thought that well of me to do so.
I shoot and hunt with this rifle ...and always think of Doc when I do so.

I need a better picture of the rifle ...here it is with my Stepmom.
Andy

6mm Remington custom, Mauser 98 action, Douglas bull barrel, Timney trigger, and a 12x Leupold scope. it was traded in at the Ford dealership in Madras 40 some years ago. I got it for$100. I traded the 12x Leupold for a variable power scope and cash at Oscars sporting goods. had it and shot it a bunch and then sold it here for $500

1903 12 gauge $50 and a old school 22 single shot $50 also got a Steven's 16 gauge $50 us revolver co 32 acp $50, us revolver Co 38 s&w blackpowder revolver $50 and just recently got a savage 110 30-06 for $100

Last Edited:
Most recent best deal I got was last year.

After selling one shotgun ...I bought a Black Aces Lever Action Shotgun....
Neat gun , shot well , and was made. A good and quick shotgun to point and handle.
However...after a short while it didn't really do anything for me...a case of firearm lust...:D

Took it to a gun show...and traded it to a knife maker for two knives and some cash...
Then took the cash and bought at the show...
A 1940's vintage Savage 19/33 NRA Match Rifle.
That .22 shoots like a house afire...and is far more to my liking in firearms.

Getting a firearm is always good...but for me...the firearm also needs to fall in line with both my likes and purpose...
No matter how well built or good it shoots.

In that long line of wheelin' and dealin'...everyone was happy with the trades and purchases.
Andy

Last Edited:
M1 Garand. Back in '89 it twas. Spotted owl shut down the mill I was working in and no jobs around. That was when the department of the Army sent me a letter directing me to send them $189 and they would send me a M1 Garand. My bride was working and I told her if she would send the department of the Army $189 that would get her off the hook for birthdays' father day, anniversaries and Christmas for as long as she chose. She sent the check and I still have the bride and the garand. Best deal I ever made on both ends. I married much better than she did.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top