JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

A former Coast Guard helicopter pilot, Goward doesn't equivocate when asked what a widespread GPS outage would mean. It's like ignoring warnings to reinforce airplane cockpit doors before Sept. 11, he says, or the alarms about New Orleans's creaky levees before Hurricane Katrina: "People will die."

Lots of things can scramble the satellites besides some stray numbers in a database. Solar flares. Space debris. And, perhaps, hostile foreign powers.
On the receiver side, GPS signals are weak enough to be clouded by pigeon poop on cellphone towers—or jammed by miscreants using hardware that's surprisingly easy to obtain.
Such methods "would certainly work against Ubers, Waymo's self-driving cars, delivery drones from Amazon," and more

50k reported intentional incidents. Mostly by truckers!

Trump's Space Force may well be flying blind

And you will need to know how to navigate using the s.
LOL, true! Your comment makes me think about the videos of people buying their first motorcycle and riding off the lot.
When I saw the movie, "Into the Wild" about the kid who went to 'find himself' in the Alaska wilderness and died, I felt zero empathy. My bro made the comment, "the Alaskans who pointed him in the direction of where to go were negligent." I replied, "nah, they were just feeding the bears."
And the reason is, idiots will be thus.
Volunteering on Mt. Hood, I see people in flip-flops, shorts and a T-shirt, no water, no flashlight. "Sure, you can go that way, but prepared as you are, you're going to die there." The reaction is priceless.

Volunteering on Mt. Hood, I see people in flip-flops, shorts and a T-shirt, no water, no flashlight. "Sure, you can go that way, but prepared as you are, you're going to die there." The reaction is priceless.
Shame on you for your reply. You should have just said..."Sure, you can go that way." Help thin the herd for Gods sake! Those are the same voters that supported I-1639..

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
Its crazy how many people would be SOL without electronic stuff.
If a big EMP takes out all the Iphones,the herd will be thinned. There will be millions of clueless nitwits running aimlessly around parks and nature trails looking for granola trees. After a day or two of starving, they will try to go G.of T. and make bows out of umbrellas and ukulele strings. Once they realize that there are no unicorns to hunt, they will curl in up in a ball and whither away along with their dreams of moral superiority and smugness.

DSC06038.jpg
Since I don't have a GPS...I'll just use these...and be just fine...:D
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR