JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"Idaho Stop"

I take from the context it is equivalent to 'California Stop'; that is rolling thru a stop sign.

I had never heard of it before.

upload_2016-12-12_11-21-7.png

its probably where you get stopped and then 30min later after showin the nice officer your gun, talkin bout how it shoots and your preferred ammo and havin him drool over it he lets u go with a nice warning:D

See, it is a thing only we don't have "cyclists". Like in Portland and Seattle. We have guys riding bikes who for the most part know cars are just trying to run them over and act like human beings.

I have seen way to many "cyclists" in Seattle that simply don't think any rule applies to them and get pissy when cars dare to use "their" road

I have seen way to many "cyclists" in Seattle that simply don't think any rule applies to them and get pissy when cars dare to use "their" road

That's probably simply because they are un-able to remember the rules and laws...
...I think it's because those Seattle cyclists are suffering from severe brain damage caused by their tight bike-shorts cutting off the oxygen supply to their brains.

See, it is a thing only we don't have "cyclists". Like in Portland and Seattle. We have guys riding bikes who for the most part know cars are just trying to run them over and act like human beings.

^^^This, but it's not only Seattle. I've almost ran over more than a few down here in the South Sound, they just blow through all stop signs and lights. They're a menace.

Ray

I was taught that a bicycle needs to follow all the rules of the road , just like a car.
Sure wish more folks would remember that when riding bicycles.
Andy

Huge peave of mine, this!

I cycle commuted for years back East from the suburbs thru Boston to the Longwood Medical area Brookline. At night, on the way in. Some years all year long including thru blizzards & on ice, fun practice with studded cycle tires that.

-Around here in Salem, there are a few transportational cyclist that know what they're doing. Most cyclist I see though don't have a clue, either homeless/druggie types who don't give a crap, or folks who may give a crap, but probably have never driven a car.

The folks who may give a crap, but don't know any better, I feel sorry for. Because they will get hit.

It's really not too hard to cycle, go with the flow, be courteous, yield when/if you can, take the lane if you have too (this really bugs some drivers &...unnecessarily so). Do not cycle on a sidewalk, ever, unless your a child out learning how to cycle with your folks and you can only go walking speed. Any faster and you should be in the street, or you'll be hit by traffic entering from driveways.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top