JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I miss

America. Sorry but the last few Presidents have killed it for sure.

I miss

The timber industry. We used to have lots of opportunity here, and the average high school grad could look forward to owning a home, and a few toys if they worked hard enough. Now we have the service industry - nuff said.

I miss

Portland Wrestling. Forget the steroid freaks and strippers that are featured on wrestling today, I grew up watching Buddy Rose (aka the greatest heel ever). From 77 until the mid 80s it was the best wrestling on television.

I miss

Fishing The West With Larry Shoenborn - Did he ever get skunked?

And I kind of miss Ramblin Rod. Good way to start the day before heading off to a rough day in the 4th grade.

re post: 36

You talkin' bout' your "mental state?"
:)

I specifically meant targets. On Sunday in the rain, I saw the 'head' move - I saw the dust rise - how there was no hole ....

Then there was the popper - 2 times I hit it, we heard the ping and 2 times it didn't drop. Must have been low. (or I should switch to a real caliber)

When the television turned to snow at midnight , and of course Benny Hill . My Mom would usually be snoring by then , turn down the volume so I could enjoy . Growing up when everyone was equal finacially ( maybe one well to due family ) It didn't matter what kind of car my folks owned , clothes ???? Hell I had no idea there were cheap/expensive ones . My Wife , every moment of every day . I miss that idea of someday......

I miss going to restaurants and not seeing a single man wearing a hat while eating dinner, and women saying thanks when you held the door or gave them your seat on the bus. Kids saying please and thank you and not using the first names of adults.

I general...I miss people being polite, well mannered and clean no matter what their income level or lot in life or if they shop at WalMart or Nordstrom's. I don't care how much you earn or don't earn...there's no reason to through your trash out the car window.

I miss cursive.

We have play grounds around here and I rarely see kids any or parents with their kids. Man, when I was a kid there were no such things as empty baseball fields, not during the summer and never on weekends.

Mike

We have play grounds around here and I rarely see kids any or parents with their kids. Man, when I was a kid there were no such things as empty baseball fields, not during the summer and never on weekends.

Mike

I remember when I was a kid, we would play Baseball over at Hayesvill elementary. sometimes 2 or 3 games a day. Even would have some of the Salem Angles players show up and play some.

I miss
Cars equipped with blinkers (seems most cars on I-5 don't have them)

Working hard to make a better life was the measure of a man

Government support was a short term benefit to help get pass a rough spot not a profession/expectation

Someone was sentenced to twenty years in prison they actually did that time

Mom and Pop dinners

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews