JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I miss kids playing in the streets.

Hah! My Dad used to say "if you go in the street and get mashed by a car, it's you own fault and nobody is going to feel sorry for you cause the streets are for cars not little boys! Now go out and play on 82nd"

To this day. I keep my rear out of the streets and am constantly confounded by those who think they are public sidewalks, bike lanes, cell phone hotspots, whatever...

25¢ gas
50¢ 22 shells

Only 4 channels on the TV--all worth watching, and it was FREE.
Now I have 60 channels of digital poop that's not worth turning the set on, and I'm
paying for it!

Cars that a normal person with a basic set of tools could work on.

I'm not too old. 30. I miss the same things here miss. I grew up with an intro to electronics. I miss the days without them. Water gun fights. Nerf gun fights. Hide and seek. Hell, even a game of chess that's not on the computer. I miss camping, when you could because has was affordable. Playing checkers or chess in the tiny bubblegum 20 footer. Fishing with time, not thinking of all the crap I have to do because I work so much and make so little.

To sum it up.

I miss America and what it was.

I miss when a Smith & Wesson Bodyguard and M&P were both revolvers. Come on.. did you run out of possible names so had to coat tail on those there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I remember playing outside until I heard the "cowbell" my Mom would ring to tell me to come home. Usually about 1 hour AFTER dark.

I need more cowbell.....:D

I HAD ONE OF THESE! It was a brake drum/axle from some old truck probably, hanging under the eves of the house. Dad would beat it with a ball peen hammer, called it "The Gong". If I was out of range to hear it, big trouble for me.

I miss the trail bikes. Dad and uncle home made "Tote Goats", for deer hunting. Then Honda 55s and 90s came along, and then my own Honda XL 250 after I got the job wrenching at a Honda dealership. I miss leaving the house before light and riding all day on a 50/50 mix of paved and dirt roads. No permits, no endorsements, just the drivers license.

Last Edited:
You guys are right there with me...

I miss my boxers, Keeley and Roxy.

I miss a government that loved our country, a leader that served in the military and had skin in the "game", where the rule of law applied to everyone-President, AG, IRS.:(

Speaking of kids, remember the days when you're standing in line at a store and a precocious little kid next to you would ask you a question or just smile at you, and you could tell them a kids joke/riddle, or, answer their question without being stared at by the parent like you're some sort of kidnapping weirdo.

I miss SO MANY people and things that it makes me sad to think about it :(

My Mom, my close friends, surfing every week, my 69 Dart 340, being pain free, boundless energy, my first dog, I guess it is my youth.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top