JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The freedom and lack of responsibility of being a 17 year old with a car and a part time job - all I had to do was go to school (most of the time) then work a couple hours (making $$ for the weekend) and spend every Saturday and Sunday fishing, running about with friends, or seeing a girl - no worries of actually having to pay for food/rent/health insurance/utilities/etc.

I miss my old Jeep - wouldn't pass DEQ but still ran well, sold it to a guy in Vernonia who is still driving it now a year later. Thing went anywhere I asked it to go. Got a lot better fuel economy than the tank I'm driving now. Had working air conditioning...

I miss some of the friendships I had that have been lost or faded away over the years - some but not all.

I miss $1.25 per gallon gasoline.

I miss my old dog that I had growing up - 13 good years of love and companionship - best dog I ever owned.

I miss Saturday morning cartoons that were funny, intelligent, and worth watching even though I didn't get a lot of the subtle adult humor in them (Foghorn Leghorn, anyone?)

Hairy beavers.

Nope! Don't miss those at all! LOL!!!
I miss being able to participate in a fist (and feet, knees and elbows) fight without facing a Grand Jury.
I miss my beloved dogs, Wiggles, Roxie, Kelly, Tonya and Rossco!
I miss being 6'4" and strong!
I miss my best friend and shooting partner Mark, who died in December 2008 at 47yrs old!

I miss the town I grew up in. It's still here some where buried under the additional 7K people. The town where you could buy ammo and a firearm at the Hardware stores or the Sporting Goods Store all of which are gone. The town where a great evening involved loading up the engine on the Chevelle and driving behind A&W so the huge picture windows would rattle and all the kids inside would look at your car. The town where we all knew which two cops would be on duty which night of the week and how fast their cars could run. The town We called bubblegumbox because we had no idea how good we had it living in Silverton before it changed.

Some times I think 56 years in the same place is a bad thing.

I miss when my daughters were younger and still had time for me.
I miss hanging out with the guys till all hours of the morning.
Mostly though I miss shooting and talking with my dad. He was always up for a day at the range or just sitting around and discussing whatever the topic of the day was.

I miss the time when if you needed help you call the local police and knew they were there to help, they would treat you fairly and respect would be given on both sides. The police today in my opinion are militarized thugs that answer to no one and do as they please. Not all LEO are bad - I just cant take the chance of finding out which ones are at my personal exspense.

Being able to go to the bathroom alone...

Range Time (ammo is too expensive and not as common as it was)...

Being able to come to work and not worrying about coworkers stabbing you in the back because they're trying to move the attention away from themselves...

I hate seeing all this kind of stuff because I'm too young (only 21) to be able to miss all fun times my parents and grandparents were able to have. It's a shame those days are long gone.
William, looked at your picture, fine buck. Your statement is very true on your post. I have grandkids ranging from age 1-14. As I looked at your picture with your buck, I wonder if my 1-yr old grandson will get to enjoy what you are enjoying now. Unfortunately times are changing rapidly.

William, looked at your picture, fine buck. Your statement is very true on your post. I have grandkids ranging from age 1-14. As I looked at your picture with your buck, I wonder if my 1-yr old grandson will get to enjoy what you are enjoying now. Unfortunately times are changing rapidly.
Thank you very much! Unfortunately for your grandson, for all we know he won't be able to enjoy it which is a shame. There will be so many people who will never get to experience the outdoors. I know I might not be able to even this year because of all the fees being imposed and stuff.

Thank you very much! Unfortunately for your grandson, for all we know he won't be able to enjoy it which is a shame. There will be so many people who will never get to experience the outdoors. I know I might not be able to even this year because of all the fees being imposed and stuff.

Never let that crap slow me down, nor will I let it keep my son from learning to hunt. To hell with the fees and bullbubblegum.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top