JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
15-6-5.InterlakeMountainManRendezvous.AndyandRuxton.1804.JPG
Sure hope I knew what I was talking about here...:D
Andy

Here's a couple with almost 30 years separating them....
Top one with three of my four kids in Jerusalem, and the other is with a lion cub I raised from birth, later to reintroduce him to the pride when he was about 1.5 years old.

87A99DE2-F8DD-48B0-8DFA-C895D0506939.jpeg 40B1DB21-FB4D-42AA-B065-24938152C76B.jpeg

Last Edited:
Nah, guys like Mike and anybody else keeping exotics as pets are all about their own ego.....no thanks.
This was back when I had brought my kids back to the States for a few years in order to meet the other side of the family they'd never seen. I wanted to continue with my career so we settled in Winston, Or. where I took over the carnivore dept. at Wildlife Safari.
Although it is captivity, it's a really great spot, better than the San Diego wildlife park IMO. We were known internationally for our cheetah breeding/conservation, and while I was there we had between 9 and 11 lions. This particular guy was abandoned by his mom at birth and after much thought as to whether to let him die naturally or take him in, I decided on the latter. It was the beginning of a beautiful relationship ;)
After deciding to try to reintroduce him back to the pride I had to slowly break my bond with him and very slowly and gingerly start the introduction process, which took about 6 months and was very tricky.....never been done before.
In the end it succeeded and he lived out his life as a lion amongst lions rather than among people. A good thing.
Here are some of the cats he became a part of again. The blackest maned lion was his daddy.
Shortly after this I decided I was done with captivity and started my work in Africa, which was to go on for About 15 years or so, with a couple of years doing wildlife undercover work in India in the middle.
Edited to add: actually in looking at this pic his pappa is the big fellow on the far left.
F6D35184-BCA0-422D-9BFA-CF39DA9CC136.jpeg

Last Edited:
ABD66107-E074-460B-915D-99452040E74C.jpeg Okay, these are about 4 years or so old. Trying my best to not look so fat....Quite literally the last time I stood still for so many pictures. All in Las Vegas. The middle one is in Trump Vegas hotel. Very nice place actually. 939843E3-3901-4601-9B78-9F1829EFC68E.jpeg B6B7B976-52A3-4876-B31C-3332C623B3EE.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top