JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I handed the kid my daughter started dating my 1911. After he cleared it (I was slightly impressed) and handed it back, I told him to remember I have a gun with your finger prints all over it....

Couple years later and we are ok friendly terms but I know he is just the right amount of scared of me.

I signed his last birthday card:

From Joe - you a cool kid, I hope you have a great year and happy birthday.

From the dad of the girl your dating: I like you enough to make it painless if I have to put you down.

There was a chuckle and then some uncomfortable (not from me but my wife, daughter and the BF) silence after that lol.

Having a pretty daughter could be worse for me for sure but she's fairly conservative.
Speaking from experience... we can give them learning and benefit of our own experiences, but in the final it comes to HER and her decisions... and as we all know, our judgments at that age arent always of the best, and almost always if anything "happens" it is up to HER consent and willing participation... steered mine to birth control and common sense... but she is a lot like me- headstrong and stubborn. And like her Mom, not inclined to take scheisse from anybody ...

I do research on numerous topics and areas of interest.

I download high resolution music files.

I moderate on two vehicle specific forums.

I watch videos.

I converse with friends, family and my NWFA forum compatriots.

I purchase goods of all types.

I spend too much time on the interwebs from time to time.

Above all, I enjoy myself. I don't get caught up in any of the drama, pointless internet arguments or silliness of that sort.

At work, I conduct a lot of business using an internet connection. From the company Sharepoint site where many shared documents, files, calendars, etc. are all stored to submitting purchase orders, requesting quotes, submitting estimates, researching customers and projects, researching products which includes AutoCAD and Visio stencils for drafting/design, installation manuals for wiring connections and programming, etc. I am tied to my computer most of the day, honestly couldn't do my job without a computer and an internet connection.

In my personal time, either on a laptop (which I prefer because I can type much faster on it) or an iPhone/iPad, I'm on NWFA pretty regularly. I also do Twitter, primarily as my news aggregation source - it's a quick and easy way to spot trending stories, breaking news, etc., and I can choose to filter what feeds I want to see and what I don't want to see. I also do much of my shopping and research on purchases online. Amazon and Ebay probably get a majority of online purchase business. I like YT for videos, but don't usually have a lot of time to spend watching 5+ min videos that inevitably lead to watching more and more videos :rolleyes: What I don't do is stream music or movies/TV shows over the internet - just not something that interests me that much.

Having a pretty daughter could be worse for me for sure but she's fairly conservative.

My daughter was the only girl with 4 brothers. She had some pretty strong female role models in her mom and my wife, and her step dad was a career police officer. She was right there with the boys shooting and doing defensive tactics and is one pretty tough gal.

She choose law enforcement as her career and is not a shrinking violet in any way. Never had any trouble with her dates over the years, if she brought them around they were pretty well vetted and did not want to get on the wrong side of her brothers at all, that would not have turned out well at all.

I handed the kid my daughter started dating my 1911. After he cleared it (I was slightly impressed) and handed it back, I told him to remember I have a gun with your finger prints all over it....

Couple years later and we are ok friendly terms but I know he is just the right amount of scared of me.

I signed his last birthday card:

From Joe - you a cool kid, I hope you have a great year and happy birthday.

From the dad of the girl your dating: I like you enough to make it painless if I have to put you down.

There was a chuckle and then some uncomfortable (not from me but my wife, daughter and the BF) silence after that lol.

My brother has an extremely pretty 18 year old daughter - a knock out.

Her last boyfriend was a Marine sniper.

Somehow I don't think my brother will be trying anything like you did.

Routinely, and in no particular order...

NFWA
News (several brands so I can determine what's fair and balanced)
Emails
Multco and Washco libraries for downloadable audiobooks
Walmart, Amazon, etc. for price comparisons (amazing what they carry)
Plane tickets, car rentals, vacation ideas
Youtube for tutorials and some music
Gunbroker
RC aircraft sites (quads and fixed wing)
Craigslist

NWFA, Fiberglass Flyrodders, Ultralight Flyfishing, Nextdoor, YouTube, occasionally fleabay and craigslist. Aaand the occasional bing images search :rolleyes:

On my phone add in instawhore, err, instagram to the mix. And more email than I like.

egypt.jpg

If you're bored you can always go to Washington Court search. Search friends, family, or your boss by name and see what kind of dirt they have. No details though just basic information. This only apply to offenses that happened in Washington state regardless of their home state.

I work remotely for my company doing their IT work. So, I'm on the Internet constantly during the day. Remote support assistance as well as general system health monitoring for user computers and the servers, ordering new and/or replacement items for my users, setting up new user accounts for any new hires, product research for new and/or existing products we own or are looking to acquire, running and/or managing webinars, plus more.
Personal email, YouTube, NWFA, Netflix, Amazon Prime, general browsing, IM'ing with the GF, etc, as well.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top