JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well I'm just getting started.... been collecting the little things for awhile but just ordered a Lee press from midway..... thx to whoever posted that info earlier in the week. The Lyman loading book only list 4 powders for my cartridge and today I found a pound of two of those Lilgun and 1680 in a local shop. Another H110 over the weekend at a local farm store. Woohoo It's getting real.
rock on bro, your nose is damn near as good as my bird dogs, lol. reload and fire at will:s0023:

Found that 400 CCI primer that was the last one out of the rock chucker primer tube, in my stinking shoe tonight.
Never spent so much time looking for a single primer but these days hate to see any go to waste.....

Some ideas on......

"What to do until prices on components (and ammo) come back down?"

Aloha, Mark

PS.....BTW, just like Elvis.....I'm finding that I'm using up some of my those old stocks of primers. But then, I know that that they were stored well. So, I'm not afraid to use them.

Last Edited:
Some ideas on......

"What to do until prices on components (and ammo) come back down?"

Aloha, Mark

PS.....BTW, just like Elvis.....I'm finding that I'm using up some of my those old stocks of primers. But then, I know that that they were stored well. So, I'm not afraid to use them.
Good idea, by the time you finish watching an elvisammo video on which screwdriver to select for screwing down a seater stem, the blight will be over.

lol

I started sturdy ing up a Home Depot shelf system. All I got for reloading bench.... added crossmembers to 3 sides.... an extra 1/2" ply sheet on existing MDF shelf material.... and topped it with smooth finish 1/4" MDF. Thinking it's purdy solid. Doesn't wiggle at all. Hopefully get my press Wednesday.
added weight to top white liquid nails set under work surface.

9A624685-0618-44B6-BE69-DBAC531C6BA9.jpeg 86B9BCA6-66A1-47D8-A258-BF22EDD23332.jpeg

You'll find out if it's strong enough once you get your press mounted and working. You could store a couple bags of that concrete mix on the lower shelf to give it some weight. The cross bracing will help also. My first reloading bench was the kitchen table. That worked for a couple weeks. I then built a 6' work bench with 4x4 legs, 2x4 framing and a recycled solid door for the top. I also added a couple shelves underneath to store misc. other stuff. Happy reloading!

You'll find out if it's strong enough once you get your press mounted and working. You could store a couple bags of that concrete mix on the lower shelf to give it some weight. The cross bracing will help also. My first reloading bench was the kitchen table. That worked for a couple weeks. I then built a 6' work bench with 4x4 legs, 2x4 framing and a recycled solid door for the top. I also added a couple shelves underneath to store misc. other stuff. Happy reloading!
Thinking it'll be good for slow single stage. It's stronger than I thought it would be. Your right.... I'll find out when start resizing. Have already put the heavier stuff back that was originally on bottom shelf. Eventually I'll go out and build a proper bench for whatever $50-75 in lumber. Hoping 2' by 4' surface area will be sufficient for awhile. Maybe build a little shelf on/into the top.

I had about 800 primers that I found. They were packaged like this....

IMG-6459-1.jpg

I used them to load some .38 special ammo (normally I use Remington 6 1/2s for 9mm ammo). Anyway, I don't normally purchase any Remington Primers. Back in Hawaii, they weren't normally found on the shelves where I shopped.

So, I must have gotten them during a trade somewhere along the line while living in WA. I also have about another couple of 100 of the newer Remington 6 1/2s in the green boxes. Yup.....I traded for those. Why trade?

OK, Ok, ok......
I was trying to help out new reloaders who maybe didn't realize that the Remington 6 1/2s were not suitable for loading 5.56mm /.223 Rem. Yeah IMHO.....Remington could be/should be doing a better job of getting that message across.

Aloha, Mark

PS....check out the price on this one.
CCI-Sm-Rifle-Primers-87-for-100-006.jpg

Last Edited:
Would that be Payless Drug Store?

Sorry......I'm not familiar with the stores here in WA.

I probably got that bunch of CCI primers in a trade or maybe at a gun show somewhere. I'm usually not afraid to buy "old" primers. Storage conditions are what matters. Yup.....I have no way to actually check. But the reputation of the seller (just based on speaking with a fellow) means a lot to me.

I don't normally choose to buy CCI brand. I prefer Federal and Winchester primers as they just seem to be "less of a problem" in my progressive machines and/or Lee Auto Hand Primer that I like to use.

BTW.....even the Lee Auto Hand Primer has a recommended/approved list of brands of primers to be used with their equipment.

Not that I've always followed their (or other manufacturer's) "suggestions".:D

Aloha, Mark

BTW.....even the Lee Auto Hand Primer has a recommended/approved list of brands of primers to be used with their equipment.

I have the Lee auto bench primer... saw that in the instructions, supposedly the softer federal primers are more likely to go splodey.
Not like I'm not going to load federals, if i have them!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top