JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sometimes what I buy for my business has the added 'prep' factor and that goes for these Kenwood radios. I've had all sorts of pocket/beltclip FRS-type(?) radio over the years. The ones that all say they go a mile or '5' - blah! I am no radio expert at all. I just want to push a button and talk.

These little suckers are on a whole other level. I mean you can be in a building six blocks away and talk to a guy in a BASEMENT. Did that the other night. Made my telecom work project SO much easier.

http://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-PKT-2...ie=UTF8&qid=1422594764&sr=8-1&keywords=pkt-23

It does that because it's a UHF radio. Shorter range than VHF, but as you saw, it can talk through concrete. :)

Kenwood makes quality stuff though.

212bc6507a8e0132bcfb005056a9545d.gif

Took some coupons to my local store (Dennis Co) and picked up quantities of shoot n See targets, small flashlights, tarps, strike anywhere (but wet) matches, fire starter, WD40, Gun Scrubber, hand & toe warmers.
Just stuff that will accompany the stuff I already have for vehicle bags, GHB or BOB's.

We had let our pantry get down to bare minimums so to replenish with fresh goods, and no the car cannot fit into the garage anymore....:eek:

Here in UK, where some of us are getting a little concerned, I'm just keeping up a permanent stock of all my ammunition by reloading to replace after every time I go shooting.

Here, as you've prolly guessed, we have ammunition holding limits on an individual basis - for instance, 700 rds of GP11 for my Swiss schtuff.

tac

Here in UK, where some of us are getting a little concerned, I'm just keeping up a permanent stock of all my ammunition by reloading to replace after every time I go shooting.

Here, as you've prolly guessed, we have ammunition holding limits on an individual basis - for instance, 700 rds of GP11 for my Swiss schtuff.

tac

Ok, so I'll bite. Concerned about what in the UK? ISIS? Ukraine?

I tentatively sold my trailer last night,getting me 1 step closer to Idaho.
Rearranged all my good that I have packed cause I'm not leaving for maybe a month.Which puts me into my shed with a big rocket stove but no bathroom.

Why? The shed is bigger in square feet than my trailer is.
Half to take the first real buyer for RVs.Sometimes they take a bit to sell.It would have been worse or more expensive, had I sold the shed first
Gotta plan on the fly with this move

Fair enough. Hope it's warm enough in there! (This winter has been a non-event though, so it wouldn't take much.)

Why Idaho btw? I've heard of a few people moving out there to "Get away from it all"

After 57 years,I am just tired of the rain. And they lie,it's raining now in Sequim.
It's like my head is a barometer,I can feel the weather change.And I can deal with the cold

Bought ~4500 rounds of varied bulk .22 rimfire ammo.

Now I feel somewhat comfortable with the amount I have (probably somewhere near 10K). So I can wait until the prices come down some more - e.g., less than 4 to 5 cents per round.

I do need to get some of the premium ammo, subsonic, etc.

AR.jpg
Finished building my AR, wasn't going to really have an AR but when a friend offered a unfinished lower I figured what the hell. PSA upper with Magpul furniture.

AR.jpg

BTW JT it's been a week and I could do this shed thing for quite a while.
Anyway,this week I have collected bricks of 17wsm,17hmr and 22mag.Don't have a gun for any of them but I may meet someone who can help me in Idaho,that does:rolleyes::D

Picked up 1,000 rounds of CCI Subsonic 22lr, a 12 volt tire pump (up to 150psi!), 3 watt solar 12v battery charger. (Very small, but it's currently charging a battery that I thought was dead...)

I read a tag line on someone's account on another prepper site that said "Buying stuff is not prepping"

So true... Study study study. Practice and drill.

I'm going to start doing bug out drills with the family soon.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top