JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I tend to stick with ball powder like AA2230 or 335.

They are both pretty similar in charge weights.

I usually do 24 grains with 55fmj and 23 grains with 62fmj For bulk loads.

Some perspective on current lead times from a couple of more or less popular stores I have purchased from recently regarding reloading

Grafs: ordered 03/20 ETA VIA tracking is 03/30

Midway: ordered 03/23 the order will be ready for shipping on 03/31...no ETA yet

eBay: ordered 03/23 delivered 03/26

Everglades ammo: ordered 03/18 delivered 03/26 (hazmat)

Cabela's is a terrible website, every time I would add an item to the cart that was in stock it would show out of stock. I should have enough coming to bang out 1000 of .223. Thanks for the tip on Blue bullets, I will have to give them a shot.

I have shopped Grafs since long before Al invented the net. They have always been kind of slow but they have never been into scalping. They have always been good for orders of things like powder and primers if they could not be found locally. To deal with the fee's for HazMat helps to go in with others and order the max allowed.
For ammo and some supplies Academy was great all during the last panic. Free ship for any order over $25 and it's first come when the stuff hits. I was getting ammo from them weekly all during the last panic. Their site loads the new arrival early morning west coast time so you have to be able to watch it then as the stuff is gone fast.

I think Graf's might be my go to from here onward, the bigger cabela's gets the less I am interested. I do like brownell's and midway, but it seems that even in good times they are out of stock.

I've ordered surplus military powder from them. Essentially Hodgdens 335 with other additions fir better flash suppression and such that military requires. Great stuff. Not too horrible in price either.

I called a local Bimart and asked where the new ad was. The gal told me they won't have a new ad for at least another 6 weeks because they can't get the stock in the store. Doesn't sound good to me. We are still at the beginning stages of this event, I can't imagine the supply chain issue will improve until we are on the other side of the curve.

I called a local Bimart and asked where the new ad was. The gal told me they won't have a new ad for at least another 6 weeks because they can't get the stock in the store. Doesn't sound good to me. We are still at the beginning stages of this event, I can't imagine the supply chain issue will improve until we are on the other side of the curve.
This is my fear too, too much madness.

This is my fear too, too much madness.
Italy lost over 900 people in the last 24hrs from Covid-19 related deaths some of that madness is going to happen here at some point. Supply chains will really be tested when we get to that point:

Italy lost over 900 people in the last 24hrs from Covid-19 related deaths some of that madness is going to happen here at some point. Supply chains will really be tested when we get to that point:
Agreed, I think we are not even getting a glimpse of the curve at this point. I am kicking myself for watching this develop and yet being to dumb (not having the liquidity) to act, until it is late in the game. My thought is we can work together on this and let folks know when stock is available. I am not hording, I am buying for a few calibers and trying to get those calibers neat and tidy. Worst case I have work to do during the lockdown.

Agreed, I think we are not even getting a glimpse of the curve at this point. I am kicking myself for watching this develop and yet being to dumb (not having the liquidity) to act, until it is late in the game. My thought is we can work together on this and let folks know when stock is available. I am not hording, I am buying for a few calibers and trying to get those calibers neat and tidy. Worst case I have work to do during the lockdown.
If you need tp or cleaning supplies check walmarts in early morning they have been handing out what stock comes in so it last a little longer for customers.

If you need tp or cleaning supplies check walmarts in early morning they have been handing out what stock comes in so it last a little longer for customers.
This was an Albertsons this morning after work. They opened about :20 before I got there. The morning crowd there is back to normal for that time of day. Couple handfuls of people. Most looked like me, just got off work. The one pic generic TP is on the bottom shelf, top shelf has a couple brands of the name brand better stuff. Second pic is name brand stuff stacked on the floor in a couple places in the isle. I did not need any so did not pay much attention but did not notice a sign asking to limit. Did see a few shoppers with one package in their cart while shopping. End of the isle was stacked with paper towels. Relax people, there is no shortage. If one store still does not have it others do and even Amazon has it again. :)

TP1.png TP2.png

This was an Albertsons this morning after work. They opened about :20 before I got there. The morning crowd there is back to normal for that time of day. Couple handfuls of people. Most looked like me, just got off work. The one pic generic TP is on the bottom shelf, top shelf has a couple brands of the name brand better stuff. Second pic is name brand stuff stacked on the floor in a couple places in the isle. I did not need any so did not pay much attention but did not notice a sign asking to limit. Did see a few shoppers with one package in their cart while shopping. End of the isle was stacked with paper towels. Relax people, there is no shortage. If one store still does not have it others do and even Amazon has it again. :)

View attachment 675582 View attachment 675583
What did their ammo stock look like:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews