JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Grumpy Old Man

2 oz Islay Scotch
3/4 oz Ruby Port
Few Dashes Angostura

Garnished with Orange Twist and Served in a Tobacco smoked glass over a big cube.
Well, that would certainly make me grumpy... especially that tobacco-smoked element...
Do you blow cigar smoke into the glass or something? o_O

Well, that would certainly make me grumpy... especially that tobacco-smoked element...
Do you blow cigar smoke into the glass or something? o_O
You could, I usually use a clay pipe for myself, or put some loose tobacco on a smoking plank before torching it and putting the glass over it. A smoking gun would probably work too. Just use a decent pipe tobacco without much or any flavoring, cigar smoke is a little harsh.

You could, I usually use a clay pipe for myself, or put some loose tobacco on a smoking plank before torching it and putting the glass over it. A smoking gun would probably work too. Just use a decent pipe tobacco without much or any flavoring, cigar smoke is a little harsh.
I smoked a pipe from high school up until about age 23. Put it down when I went back to university (the second time) in the Fall of 1983 and never picked up a (tobacco) pipe or cigarettes ever again. I occasionally enjoy a cigar when I visit my millionaire friend up on the hill. Other than that, no smoking for me since 1983...

To quell the rumors that such an animal was extinct in the wild at the time, here is pic of a pipe-smokin' sobo, en route to skiing at Apache Sunrise Resort with his GF at the time, the very lovely Ms. Cherie. Pic taken near the Mogollon Rim, AZ, ca December 1982. Quit smoking within 6 months of this pic...

1637973876658.jpeg

Note early practitioners of photobombing behind the primary subjects...

Last Edited:
I smoked a pipe from high school up until about age 23. Put it down when I went back to university (the second time) in the Fall of 1983 and never picked up a (tobacco) pipe or cigarettes ever again. I occasionally enjoy a cigar when I visit my millionaire friend up on the hill. Other than that, no smoking for me since 1983...

To quell the rumors that such an animal was extinct in the wild at the time, here is pic of a pipe-smokin' sobo, en route to skiing at Apache Sunrise Resort with his GF at the time, the very lovely Ms. Cherie. Pic taken near the Mogollon Rim, AZ, ca December 1982. Quit smoking within 6 months of this pic...

View attachment 1077616

Note early practitioners of photobombing behind the primary subjects...
I respect that you stand up to all them crooked cops.

20211127_021716.jpg

20211127_021858.jpg

Trying my "Winter Ale" and "Summer Ale" tonight. Both are Braggots made with honey and rye.

The Summer Ale (which I totally didn't forget about until I was looking for a Carboy) is about 9% ABV flavored with Cherries, Juniper, and Rosemary.

The Winter Ale is a British Barleywine style at about 18% ABV with willamette hops, carmelized honey, and aged on oak cubes for 9 months.

I think tomorrow is bottling day.

Trying my "Winter Ale" and "Summer Ale" tonight. Both are Braggots made with honey and rye.

The Summer Ale (which I totally didn't forget about until I was looking for a Carboy) is about 9% ABV flavored with Cherries, Juniper, and Rosemary.

The Winter Ale is a British Barleywine style at about 18% ABV with willamette hops, carmelized honey, and aged on oak cubes for 9 months.

I think tomorrow is bottling day.
Sounds like an Imperial Winter Ale…. ❄️

Bought these for my pest control guys. Plumbers are next, but I'm still figuring them out. There are too many HD and other various HVAC teams I work with to be able to get everyone, so I'll figure that out later.

F48CFD4F-3C47-4E62-9FA5-58BA7BF39330.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top