JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yesterday I stopped by Sportsman's and picked up a little 9mm ammo. As I was checking out, one of the girls asked what 9mm I had, so I let her know. She mentioned she had just traded her AR for a "Glock 47" on Armslist. She said the guy said it was the most rare Glock and used ammo that isn't being manufactured any longer.

I would have started laughing at her joke, but she was dead-on serious. It was clear she really didn't know what she was talking about. I suspect she was scammed, a victim of her own lack of knowledge. I would like to have seen this "collectible Glock 47".

So what am I missing? I've never heard of a Glock 47, and I'm pretty darn certain it doesn't exist. The only 'collectible' Glock I know of would be the Glock 18.

I couldn't stay long and try to explain this to her while she's trying to ring up the other folks in line. I'm hoping for her sake she gets someone to help her out with this transaction.

I did ask her if it could be another model - she was absolutely certain it was 47. I don't think her 'absolutely certain' should be taken at face value though. You could be correct.

Hmm, an AR for a Glock that doesn't take ammo that's currently being made.... Sounds like a great trade!

Did this glock come with a free can of corn and peas by chance???

Hmm, an AR for a Glock that doesn't take ammo that's currently being made.... Sounds like a great trade!

Did this glock come with a free can of corn and peas by chance???

I would love to have been present for her conversation with the person she arranged the trade with. Sounds like he convinced her she had a true collectible on her hands - and he was probably letting it go to her as a screaming deal, just because he wanted to help.

So if I am reading this correctly she traded an AR for a Glock? If this chick fell for this (if in fact the Glock is nothing special) than on the one hand she probably shouldn't have any firearms, but I do hate to see anyone get rooked.

So if I am reading this correctly she traded an AR for a Glock? If this chick fell for this (if in fact the Glock is nothing special) than on the one hand she probably shouldn't have any firearms, but I do hate to see anyone get rooked.

That's what she said. In my brief conversation with her, it was clear she didn't know a lot about what she had, what she was getting, or the respective value of either.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top