JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was looking though my supplies today and realize that I have an abundance of .45 ammo. At the moment I only 1 handgun that takes this ammo. I am looking at adding some kind of rifle into the mix and looking for suggestions.

My requirements are that it is under $1000 and has reasonable priced mags readily available, if magazine fed. I am open to any style of action.

Here are some things to consider:
I use to have a .45 Uzi and while they are nice, the mags are $150-200 each.
I use to have an HK USC which was also fun, but again mags are an issue.
I use to have a Thompson 1927 which is fun, but heavy and not practical.

I am not interested in a Hi-point
A Kriss looks interesting, but is well outside of what I am looking to spend
If I could find a reasonable priced Camp 45 that would be awesome
I would consider an AR platform

Is there something else out there that I am forgetting to look at?

In your budget, an AR15 build would work well. A few factory AR type guns are popping up in 45. Foxtrot Mike I believe makes a complete one now.

The newer Auto Ordnance Model 1927 pistol is slightly more than $1000 but has an aluminum receiver. Pistol, Form 1 e-file, then a little mod to the receiver for a buttstock. Or Form 4 a finished Thompson SBR.

The newer Auto Ordnance Model 1927 pistol is slightly more than $1000 but has an aluminum receiver. Pistol, Form 1 e-file, then a little mod to the receiver for a buttstock. Or Form 4 a finished Thompson SBR.

I get the idea of SBR but as long as they are regulated like they are they have the worst of both worlds. Can't carry it like a pistol and to use it like a rifle you have to keep your papers......

I was looking though my supplies today and realize that I have an abundance of .45 ammo. At the moment I only 1 handgun that takes this ammo. I am looking at adding some kind of rifle into the mix and looking for suggestions.

My requirements are that it is under $1000 and has reasonable priced mags readily available, if magazine fed. I am open to any style of action.

Here are some things to consider:
I use to have a .45 Uzi and while they are nice, the mags are $150-200 each.
I use to have an HK USC which was also fun, but again mags are an issue.
I use to have a Thompson 1927 which is fun, but heavy and not practical.

I am not interested in a Hi-point
A Kriss looks interesting, but is well outside of what I am looking to spend
If I could find a reasonable priced Camp 45 that would be awesome
I would consider an AR platform

Is there something else out there that I am forgetting to look at?

Out of stock here right now but Foxtrot Mike does make these and it's in your budget. I have an AR9 Ghost that I used one of their uppers and it is FUN! See if someone has one in stock or keep watching Primary for one to come in.

I have one of theirs, it is nice, I did not bring them up because sadly the owner of the place chooses, sadly, to treat the customer as disposable. Have a problem and they ignore you once they have your money. It is a shame as I do like the guns they make, I have 3.

I think I had heard that before. I have not been in the the firearms game for a while. Didn't they use to make a lot of 1919, M2, ect type conversions?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top