JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was looking though my supplies today and realize that I have an abundance of .45 ammo. At the moment I only 1 handgun that takes this ammo. I am looking at adding some kind of rifle into the mix and looking for suggestions.

My requirements are that it is under $1000 and has reasonable priced mags readily available, if magazine fed. I am open to any style of action.

Here are some things to consider:
I use to have a .45 Uzi and while they are nice, the mags are $150-200 each.
I use to have an HK USC which was also fun, but again mags are an issue.
I use to have a Thompson 1927 which is fun, but heavy and not practical.

I am not interested in a Hi-point
A Kriss looks interesting, but is well outside of what I am looking to spend
If I could find a reasonable priced Camp 45 that would be awesome
I would consider an AR platform

Is there something else out there that I am forgetting to look at?

In your budget, an AR15 build would work well. A few factory AR type guns are popping up in 45. Foxtrot Mike I believe makes a complete one now.

The newer Auto Ordnance Model 1927 pistol is slightly more than $1000 but has an aluminum receiver. Pistol, Form 1 e-file, then a little mod to the receiver for a buttstock. Or Form 4 a finished Thompson SBR.

The newer Auto Ordnance Model 1927 pistol is slightly more than $1000 but has an aluminum receiver. Pistol, Form 1 e-file, then a little mod to the receiver for a buttstock. Or Form 4 a finished Thompson SBR.

I get the idea of SBR but as long as they are regulated like they are they have the worst of both worlds. Can't carry it like a pistol and to use it like a rifle you have to keep your papers......

I was looking though my supplies today and realize that I have an abundance of .45 ammo. At the moment I only 1 handgun that takes this ammo. I am looking at adding some kind of rifle into the mix and looking for suggestions.

My requirements are that it is under $1000 and has reasonable priced mags readily available, if magazine fed. I am open to any style of action.

Here are some things to consider:
I use to have a .45 Uzi and while they are nice, the mags are $150-200 each.
I use to have an HK USC which was also fun, but again mags are an issue.
I use to have a Thompson 1927 which is fun, but heavy and not practical.

I am not interested in a Hi-point
A Kriss looks interesting, but is well outside of what I am looking to spend
If I could find a reasonable priced Camp 45 that would be awesome
I would consider an AR platform

Is there something else out there that I am forgetting to look at?

Out of stock here right now but Foxtrot Mike does make these and it's in your budget. I have an AR9 Ghost that I used one of their uppers and it is FUN! See if someone has one in stock or keep watching Primary for one to come in.

I have one of theirs, it is nice, I did not bring them up because sadly the owner of the place chooses, sadly, to treat the customer as disposable. Have a problem and they ignore you once they have your money. It is a shame as I do like the guns they make, I have 3.

I think I had heard that before. I have not been in the the firearms game for a while. Didn't they use to make a lot of 1919, M2, ect type conversions?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top