JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
IMG_2591.JPG Chuck Hawks had one:

Western Security Gun Safes

This is my dad's, my folks are moving and the gunsafe is no longer needed. He bought it in Eugene in 1995 or so. It's the 18-gun model but let's be honest, 15 is probably the max.

It's in great shape. It is not the fireproof model.

Pics:

IMG_2589.JPG

IMG_2590.JPG

IMG_2591.JPG

IMG_2592.JPG

IMG_2593.JPG

IMG_2594.JPG

$574.99, you haul.

More pics IMG_2595.JPG IMG_2596.JPG IMG_2597.JPG IMG_2598.JPG IMG_2600.JPG IMG_2601.JPG IMG_2602.JPG IMG_2603.JPG IMG_2604.JPG IMG_2605.JPG

Last Edited:
Located four miles north of Coburg. Ignore the last picture, it's the same model but a different interior.

This is not a "delay the thieves" safe, this is a heavy duty mo-fo.

Five four 1 220 zero 471

Last Edited:
Worthwhile to add that Western Security was sold in 2007 and the new company doesn't make gun safes any more.

Also the lock on the dial is only there to lock the dial, so picking that lock will not defeat the dial lock.

They don't make em like this anymore, for real.

Worthwhile to add that Western Security was sold in 2007 and the new company doesn't make gun safes any more.

Also the lock on the dial is only there to lock the dial, so picking that lock will not defeat the dial lock.

They don't make em like this anymore, for real.

The $5 check is in the mail.

P

This is not a "delay the thieves" safe, this is a heavy duty mo-fo.

How heavy do "mo-fo's" get ? ...is there a model / serial number or paperwork that could give you an idea.

Also, is this still inside the house or in a garage or something that would make moving easier.

How heavy do "mo-fo's" get ? ...is there a model / serial number or paperwork that could give you an idea.

Also, is this still inside the house or in a garage or something that would make moving easier.

I'm a pretty heavy mo-fo, but I think the safe is heavier. I'm guessing close to 300. 19" deep, 30" wide, 60" tall. It's inside the house, no stairs. I have a hand truck and could help the buyer load.

If you want more security than the el-cheapos from Bi-Mart but you don't want to spend Cabelas money, this is your safe.

Like Doc said, they don't make them like this anymore.

P

Last Edited:
Here's a partial from a private message:

"When you turn the handle and feel those wards pulling back, you feel as if you're unlocking a treasury. And when you lock it back up, the sound it makes tells you that Fort Knox just landed in your gun room.

Nothing like it . The power, the security, it's worth every penny. This safe will outlive you. Take the five hundred bucks, divide it by how many years you'll have it. It's cheap at twice the price."

P

My Dad has one like this and it has served him well over the years. It is a nice, well-built safe, not made overseas like many of the newer production safes at a similar price point as the OP's asking price. Someone will be getting a good safe for the money here.

You can tell your wife you found the perfect place for her jewelry for when you go out of town.

You're buying peace of mind for the whole family.

And think about it, if you don't have a safe that's worth the name, how well are you protecting your investment?

P

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews