JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got back to the range yesterday with my Mini 14, needed to re-sight in my RDS, the rail came loose on my last trip, and I didn't catch it until it was time to head out for the day. Got it re-sighted, and was getting what I'm finding is typical for this rifle and ammo, around 2" at 50 yards. Just for grins, I'd taken along the extra power recoil spring I'd ordered but not installed. After a few mags, I figured I'd give it a try, as it's a pretty simple swap, or so I thought. Turns out the extra power spring is not only stiffer but longer, I had to hold my mouth JUST RIGHT to get it in. But it turned out to be worth it, I don't know why, but group sizes were instantly cut in half :D! It'll never be a tack driver, but this is now pretty close to being on par with what my first budget PSA AR could do, and that's more than good enough for my purposes. It's also showing a definite preference for 62 vs. 55 gr. bullets, and I had some reloads along that show some definite promise. Only problem, now it's starting to show enough accuracy to warrant a scope, at least for ammo testing :eek:. It never ends, does it ;)? Later.

Dave

Until you catch collectivitis and spend your retirement funds acquiring rare and numbered mint in box guns you can never shoot, just gaze at them in your safe.

That ain't gonna happen, my guns are shooters, if they're too nice to shoot, then they're not going to be one of mine. Besides, I spend more than enough retirement funds on shooters :oops:.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top