JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After all my years of shooting I never considered the Coriolis effect. Even though most of us don't shoot at 1,000 yards its still very interesting and good to know. Watch the vid.

Precision Long Range Shooting & the Coriolis Effect

You live in The Dalles, you don't need to concern yourself with the coriollis effect on your bullets. It's the damn wind in the Gorge that you should be concerned with. .... Trust me on this one...;)

I was going to say I don't know what they call it but sometimes or in some places shooting east or west could affect long range shots also saw it on TV show lol

I just watched the news here in WASHINGTON the guy who killed the Tacoma police officer last night was killed buy a swat sniper I bet he didn't have too worry bout the Coriolis affect probley less than 50 yards away

I just watched the news here in WASHINGTON the guy who killed the Tacoma police officer last night was killed buy a swat sniper I bet he didn't have too worry bout the Coriolis affect probley less than 50 yards away
Per the American Sniper Association report "Police Sniper Utilization Report 2005", on the average, police snipers engage at 51 yards. So yep. Probably.

If you're shooting along the equator, what happens there?
If you are shooting along the equator and you are shooting toward the east, the target is literally rising and coming toward you, so you must shoot high. If you are shooting toward the west, the target is literally dropping and moving away from you, so you must shoot low. In both cases, you will also need to account for spin drift.

If water drains counter clockwise in the North and clockwise in the South, what happens at the equator, does it go straight down the drain?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top