Weird Ar wear pattern

Savage Jav

Reactions
Hey all. I just got back from the range and noticed a different wear pattern starting in my Ar. Never seen anything like this before. It’s just behind the locking lug recess. My only guess would that it’s from a cmmg .22 kit that I just picked up but I even sought that. It dig into the receiver pretty good but I still think it’s safe to shoot. Not sure what could of rubbed in that area. Here’s some pics and any thoughts would be appreciated.

6301D32B-DAB3-42EC-89E4-176FC16551F4.jpeg 1F5FA06F-1856-4383-ADCE-1D8FD4DCDB1E.jpeg 2F4C044E-8722-4ABF-B697-A4985535799B.jpeg 2728F12E-53B5-4BBC-A037-5C3CB3EEB7EA.jpeg 7D8C9A3B-5CAD-4510-B67D-13FAAC0EF6D0.jpeg

v0lcom13sn0w

Reactions
are you shooting just 22lr with a conversion or are you shooting 5.56 through it too? judging by the pics, its hard to see but the shell deflector doesnt have a lot of wear so im assuming not a lot of rounds have been fired through the gun.

ive built over 30 ARs and on every one of them i take and lube up the bolt carrier group and cycle it about 100 times with the charging handle until it developes this grey slurry if oil/metal. i then cycle it another 100 times with that slurry of metallic oil to really lap the bearing surfaces and flashing left over by the manufacturing process.

dunno if thats what youve got goin on but i just felt like givin my .02 :)

Personally I would clean everything off with contact cleaner, mark the assumed interference areas of the receiver and bolt carrier with a black sharpy, then cycle it a bunch, then check the wear areas.

Reactions
that galling you are pointing at with the screwdriver , its from the cam pin digging its way out of its nesting spot upon unlocking of the system......its a sign that the system is unlocking too fast, the carrier is moving rearward faster than the bolt can unlock and as a result its tearing the cam pin over the corner before it has cleared on its own with a full unlocking of the lugs, or just a micro second to soon
The mark wont hurt anything , keep running it a lot of AR's have this .
However if your system is unlocking way too fast it will continue its wear but on the bolt lugs .

UPCOMING EVENTS

Lead Farm Precision Rifle Match
The Lead Farm
34006 Gwinn Rd, Prosser, WA 99350, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom