JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As most of you are well aware, today our growth finally reached the limits of our current hosting plan and the site was plagued with database errors, slow performance, double posts, and other problems. I've been fighting with this and trying to come up with a workable solution literally all day, from 8am until now, 3:37am.

I've known for a while now that our current host wasn't cutting it, but I was really hoping we wouldn't have to make the jump to the next level until after we were able to secure additional sponsors in order to stabilize our revenue. As everyone saw today, we can't wait for that any longer. After spending the last six hours researching hundreds of webhosts, I just got off the phone with the one I've selected to be the new home of NWFA.

The migration from our current host to our new one is going to be difficult. There are many potential problems along the way, but I'm confident we can pull it off. I ask all of you to please bear with me during the next seven days during the transition period, the results should be well worth the wait. I hope to have everything switched over and fully functional by Tuesday, January 20th. Downtime should be mimimal, but likely.

Once this migration is complete, it should be comparable to us trading in the NWFA Kia Rio for an NWFA Corvette. Unfortunately, along with the upgrade comes increased cost; double to be exact. To attempt to offset this added burden I'm going to be working on making t-shirts and decals available for purchase as soon as possible. Those of you who have supported us so far, I really appreciate it.

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask. I'm going to get some sleep :s0114:

Joey,

Hopefully I speak for everyone when I say we greatly appreciate the work and dedication you are putting into the problems. We will be patient and try to make the transition to the new host as painless as possible on you. Please continue the good work and except our wholehearted thanks. If there is anything we can do please don't hesitate to ask.

Work faster joey! :bash:

Just messing around. Anyhow thanks for all of the work you do around here, and I have personally seen how busy he is at home with this site.

I agree with it being a good time for people to consider supporting the site, our members is what keeps this place afloat. :D

Lol, yes there is. We don't issue refunds for donations but you would simply let your supporting membership lapse.

Oh I see I think, the way the form reads it looks like it automatically renews every 6 months. So it actually requires a member's OK to renew?

Thanks for taking the time to answer these hypothetical questions!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top