JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I made an impulse purchase and bought the new Weatherby tactical 12 gauge. Has anyone else bought and fired this yet? Does anyone know if there is a mag extender that will work on it? Any other useful input?

Weatherby-shotgun.jpg

Yeah, they picked up the old Charles Daily line from the Turks. Same plant, same people just the 2010 1/2 model. Looked pretty good from what I could tell but nothing to have me drop my Saiga.

SF-

There's a write up in the May "Shooting Illustrated." Page 58-59. They seemed to like it quite a lot. It looks like quite a lot of shotgun for the money. I think you did all right!

Sorry for replying to old threads but the question never got answered. The Tac Star 2 round extension for a Benelli Nova pops right on the Weatherby like it was made for the gun. Ive heard others say they had to trim the shotguns tube to get other brands to work but the Tac Star tube screws right on with no interference anywhere and holds the barrel tight. Ive got 7 rounds of 3 inch in the magazine and one in the chamber.

FWIW I have a Super Nova Tactical with a Nordic tube and the Weatherby with the Tac Star tube and the Tac Star unit is better made and looks better to me anyway.

I know theres quite a few of the lower price point tactical shotguns made by Turkish manufacturers. The Weatherby 459 is just a rebranded Charles Daly tactical and I'm sure it has 3 or 4 other brands it sells under in different parts of the world. The Benelli pattern stuff is a common pattern in Europe and the Turks just use that pattern for their tubes. I wouldnt be really surprised to find the barrels are a close match too. The PA-459 Chokes are the same as the Nova chokes. Thats really the biggest thing that attracted me to the PA 459 . I like to be able to use chokes even in 18 " barrel shotguns. The stock LOP is perfect especially compared to the Benelli stocks which are ridiculously long.

Only gripe I have about the gun is the crappy plastic follower but that seems to be common these days in most shotguns and I will replace it with a aftermarket unit soon. That and like the Benelli Super Nova the slide blocks the loading port when fully retracted which makes it difficult to unload like you would an old Remington. If someone would just figure out how to hold one in the elevator like you can with a modified Benelli M2 I'd be stoked. 8 rounds of 3 inch in a 18 inch gun is pretty good anyway but 9 would be even better.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top