JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"E-trace is a nationwide database maintained by the BATF that lists a firearm's first purchaser, date of purchase and the retailer from whom it was purchased."
There has been a lot of discussion lately over whether or not the Federal Government knows when you buy guns. Well, my friends, THEY DO! The above quotation is taken for an e-mail I just received form Jews For the Preservation of Firearms Ownership (JPFO). These guys have done a lot of research into this National database maintained by the BATFE. Everybody needs to read their report. Here is the link:

http://www.jpfo.org/articles-assd/etrace-nj.htm

When they decide it is time to strike, they'll know where to start looking for all firearms sold in America during the past 20 years. Are you ready??

Last edited by a moderator:
Most have probably never read the Tiahrt amendment that went into effect in 2008. Or the "Trace Data Kit" explained here:

<broken link removed>

Excerpt:
Our agency routinely shares trace data with state and local law-enforcement agencies in support
of investigations within their respective jurisdictions. Once a requesting agency receives lawenforcement-sensitive trace data from ATF, it becomes the agency's data to disseminate and
share with other law-enforcement entities as it deems appropriate.
Let me be clear: neither the congressional language nor ATF rules prohibit the sharing of trace
data with law enforcement conducting criminal investigations, or place any restrictions on the
sharing of trace data with other jurisdictions once it is in the hands of state or local law
enforcement. In fact, multi-jurisdictional trace data is also utilized by ATF and shared with
fellow law-enforcement agencies to identify firearm-trafficking trends and leads. Additionally,
nothing prohibits ATF from releasing our own reports that analyze trace-data trends that could be
used by law enforcement.
ATF has a proud tradition of supporting its law-enforcement partners at every level of
government. We will continue to provide them with the information they need to protect our
communities from individuals who would use firearms to further illegal activity.

Good luck guys!

The original article the JFPO quoted is here:

<broken link removed>

New Jersey Democrats at it again (2007).

Thanks, Jamie. Somehow I flubbed on the link. I just felt that members should be aware of what is going on. I know that some of them seem to live with their heads in the sand or up somewhere else

I just felt that members should be aware of what is going on. I know that some of them seem to live with their heads in the sand or up somewhere else

Excuse me? This is way old news and your saying we have our heads up our butts?

Please.

I just felt that members should be aware of what is going on. I know that some of them seem to live with their heads in the sand or up somewhere else

Excuse me? This is way old news and your saying we have our heads up our butts?

Please.

I have read here on numerous occasions that some think the government does not know what or how many guns that Americans are buying. I have felt for a long time that they DO KNOW and can come and get our guns whenever they are ready to do it. "Knowledge is power", so the better informed we are, the better we will be able to protect our rights. There IS a database of all gun sales (except "face to face"), so we have to accept that fact and proceed accordingly.

Any firearm purchased thru a FFL is recorded...so what's the excitement about again?

Hi Wichaka, :)

I've read supposed authoritative posts on this board which claim that

1. The paperwork with the FFL stays only with that FFL unless LE requests a copy of it. That way, the feds know only what dealer bought it unless they follow up on a particular gun, and/or

2. A copy of the FFL paperwork goes only to the State Police who destroy it after five years.

Just sayin'... :)

Hi Wichaka, :)

I've read supposed authoritative posts on this board which claim that

1. The paperwork with the FFL stays only with that FFL unless LE requests a copy of it. That way, the feds know only what dealer bought it unless they follow up on a particular gun, and/or

2. A copy of the FFL paperwork goes only to the State Police who destroy it after five years.

Just sayin'... :)

I believe it says right on the FFL form (that a purchaser fills out when he buys a firearm), that the dealer must retain it for 20 years. If the dealer closes, then he must forward ALL of the FFL forms to the BATFE. I personally know one dealer that has ALL of their forms used during the last 30+ years.
Also, thank you ZeroRing, for fixing my boo-boo. I didn't know how to do that.

When they decide it is time to strike, they'll know where to start looking for all firearms sold in America during the past 20 years. Are you ready??

The same govt. that couldn't help it's own people during hurricane katrina?

I have strong feelings of doubt on their competence.

Wow...sometimes the only advice you can give someone is to serious consider having their meds adjusted...or perhaps to buy a larger hat. The tinfoil one they have seems a bit too snug.

I'll tell you this: If the government wants to round up guns, it will start at the homes of CHL holders. Low-hanging fruit first.

But if you are dead set against the gov't knowing you own firearms, it's easy. Just follow these 10 simple rules:

1. Don't get a CHL.
2. Don't get a hunting license.
3. Don't buy a firearm through a FFL.
4. Don't buy ammo or shooting-related stuff with a credit or debit card.
5. Don't sign up on gunbroker.com.
6. Don't join the NRA.
7. Don't order any gun or hunting related material off the internet.
8. Don't subscribe to shooting or hunting magazines.
9. Don't let anyone know you own a firearm. And, most importantly:
10. Don't subscribe or post to this site.

As long as you've never done any of those things, you're fine.

I'll tell you this: If the government wants to round up guns, it will start at the homes of CHL holders. Low-hanging fruit first.

But if you are dead set against the gov't knowing you own firearms, it's easy. Just follow these 10 simple rules:

1. Don't get a CHL.
2. Don't get a hunting license.
3. Don't buy a firearm through a FFL.
4. Don't buy ammo or shooting-related stuff with a credit or debit card.
5. Don't sign up on gunbroker.com.
6. Don't join the NRA.
7. Don't order any gun or hunting related material off the internet.
8. Don't subscribe to shooting or hunting magazines.
9. Don't let anyone know you own a firearm. And, most importantly:
10. Don't subscribe or post to this site.

As long as you've never done any of those things, you're fine.

The point being, they already know who has the guns. It's just a matter of what you're willing to do if they come for them.

The same govt. that couldn't help it's own people during hurricane katrina?

I have strong feelings of doubt on their competence.

I'm not thoroughly convinced that the government was very interested in helping Katrina victims. They moved like snails (This seems to be standard government policy) while religious groups and-yes-even Walmart started doing all in their power to help the victims.

It is a sad truth that any weapon leaving a pawnshop has to have a background check, and thus gets a de-facto registration to the owner. Last year I had a lean time and had to pawn and redeem two of my favorite unregistered guns, alas! Now they are on record.

AS for New Orleans, it was a highly Democratic Party majority city with a Democrat (idiotic) mayor in a state with a (lame) Democrat governor. Oh, yes, it was a majority poor black city also. Not big Bush fans to begin with.

The Federal emergency relief burocracy would not begin to move without a signed statement from Lousiana's Democrat Governor---but she did not know that and they did not TELL her. TWO DAYS were lost waiting for a piece of paper while the Feds sat on their Republican hands and grinned at each other about all of those suffering poor black people in a half-drowned city. TO THIS DAY most of the flood victims have not gotten their insurance or relief checks.........................elsullo :angry:

TWO DAYS were lost waiting for a piece of paper while the Feds sat on their Republican hands and grinned at each other about all of those suffering poor black people in a half-drowned city.
Do you or anyone you know honestly believe that?

And the leftists you are so fond of have the unmitigated gall to call me a right-wing whack-job?

Man some people are messed UP!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top