JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
An answer/solution for this question has been selected.
Reactions
Any way to get some control - like which area of an image are covered?

So as an example of why, here in a humor post the punch like is obscured due to the placement:

1627661616789.png

It was a problem over a year ago, then seemed to go away. Now it's back again and seemingly random, affecting some images and not others.

???
Truth! It was annoying then, and it's more annoying now, especially since it was gone for a while...

I understood that it was initially done to prevent unscrupulous scammers from kyping pics of guns for sale on NWFA and then posting them to GB and other sites for sale, and then ripping off the potential buyers since the "seller" never actually had possession of the item.

If that was the case, then why can't it be set up so that only pics in the Classifieds get the dreaded watermark and pics in the other fun forums on NWFA are left pristine and unsullied by this nonsense?

Upvote 0
Upon initial viewing of your test image, there was no watermark. I left the forum and came back. Upon second opening of your image, the watermark is there.

I have noticed that this is common across all forums, i.e., that one must close the image, leave and return to the forum, and reopen the image. Then the watermark appears. If you just open and close the image without departing the forum, no watermark appears. I'm viewing in Chrome v. 104.

Upvote 0
I see the watermarked photo you pasted, but other than that, I still see none elsewhere. So it looks like only certain people are encumbered?:s0107:

Upvote 0
This is a just a test of the Emergency Watermark system....
Yep...there it is..in the lower right hand corner.
Andy
So, your watermark shows up on the right side. Why can't mine show up on the right side?
I don't like the fact that, if I'm going to have to live with a watermark, that it's on the left side. I am not a Leftist...

Upvote 0
Now, on my monitor, your pic is showing up with watermarks in both lower corners...

1660167352548.png

At least now you're a Leftist, too. Or maybe a Rightist and a Leftist at the same time...

Do those cancel each other out and make you a Centrist...??? o_O

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews